|Employer:||University of the Fraser Valley|
Who is Wendy Burton?
I am a Canadian adult educator. I work at the University of the Fraser Valley. I began working here when it was Fraser Valley College, a regional community college established in the mid-1970s. In the early 1990s Fraser Valley College became University College of the Fraser Valley. We are now a recognized university, providing undergraduate degrees in many fields. We also offer two Masters programs.
I live in the hills outside Chilliwack, with views of the mountains, including Mt Cheam. The Fraser River flows through this region.
I spend most of my time working with aboriginal learners.
I have been using computers since 1975, when I was on the Disraeli Project at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada. [[Disraeli|
I have been teaching online since 1994. I now manage the online campus and I work with colleagues to develop high quality fully online courses in first to fourth year university in many disciplines.
I'm interested in:
- literature of what used to be called the Commonwealth
- social media
- access to education for all
- social justice
My Website, blog and contact particulars
Sometimes I feel a bit like this garden folly...
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| I will create a wiki for use in my upcoming course in Adult Education and Social Change|
| Target date for completion
|| December 15, 2010|
|| --WBurton 21:01, 22 November 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Any chance of hosting your class on WikiEducator - there are precedents for that... - Randy Fisher 21:07, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- Wendy, Greetings to you from India. Your page is coming up well. A little suggestion: try using color boxes. Check other pages and copy the code used. ... Warm wishes...Cynthia--Agnes 14:16, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
I would be very interested in trying that, although I suspect my institutional watch dogs might need some persuading. There is, however, no reason why I could not take my Winter 2011 course participants on a field trip.
- Great idea! - Randy Fisher 21:22, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- Wendy, Welcome to WikiEducator, and congratulations. I just certified you as a Wiki Apprentice Level 1. I think you are ready to move to level 2, so I'll stop back soon to check on your progress. Cheers, --Alison Snieckus 17:30, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Wendy. I like your use of photos and spacing on this page. Julie 23:51, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello Wendy... loved seeing the picture of Chiliwack on your page. It is such beautiful country. The pictures and comments you shared made me feel as if I had met you. Guess all those years teaching online has helped you establish a virtual rapport quite easily. Dianne
Hi Wendy. You asked about adding video to a page. My video is an external link, so I followed the procedure for adding an external link. You can see the formatting in the edit view of my page. - Julie 00:26, 30 November 2010 (UTC)