Date & Time : 15, April 2021 02:18
Hi All!! I am Assistant Professor in School of Design and Visual Arts in Apeejay Stya University I did my B.Sc.(2001) and M.Sc.(2003) from Government Home Science College,Punjab University, and since then I have been in teaching profession.
As a part of Apeejay group, I am responsible for imparting lectures on Design studio and Workshop. The course of Design Studio aims to build up an understanding and skills among students in generation of idea, concept and image; in a variety of industry-based applications of Illustration Design. It will also comprise creating Design Projects in the area of Leisure Wear, Executive Wear and Formal Wear with proper research documentation including fashion illustration and fashion cataloging. The course of Workshop-II will focus on Adult Garments- Traditional wear and Western wear, Dart Manipulations Grading and Draping. The aim of this course is to train a fundamental figure in clothing manufacturing, who manages the cutting and following assembly of clothing pieces. The participants will be introduced to the basic Grading and Draping Techniques.
Established in 2010, provides students not only ‘education for living and livelihood’ but also ‘education for life’, and empower learners with a fundamental foundation in leadership and professional skills to face the challenges of the new liberalized global economy.
School Of Design and Visual Arts
The SCHOOL OF DESIGN AND VISUAL ARTS commenced in the year 2010. The School of Design & Visual Arts curriculum offers two levels of study:
Each level has explicitly defined learning outcomes:
- Orientation to professionalism.
- Understanding of means and tools of expression.
- Ideation & innovation
- Skill development
- Imparting creative information
- Conceptualization/lateral thinking
- Broad capacity within an established industrial field.
- Sound understanding of professional discipline, use of materials and working methods associated with the profession.
- Knowledge of the History and present industrial, commercial, international and cultural roles of the field.
- Experience of industrial, business studies, marketing and publicity aspects of the field.
- Understanding of Research and client oriented projects
Apart From Teaching
- One month industry training at Shahi Exports, Faridabad
- Presented poster on research paper at OGTC Conference, 8TH International Conference on Apparel & Home Textiles 2012 At India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Theme THE NEW EXCELLENCE
- Acted as member of the Committee to discharge the functions of Board of studies in Fashion Technology and Fashion designing in PU
The Trainer for this course is Dr.Savithri
WikiEducator Statistics Today
WikiEducator Statistics Today
Today is : 15, April 2021
You are watching these stats at 02:18 Hrs.
UTC Time (Coordinated Universal Time)
- 80,556 users
- 24,981 articles
- 39,636 files
- 1,191,677 edits
- 41 administrators
WikiEducator is a community resource supported by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) for the development of free educational content.
COL is an intergovernmental organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning and distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.
Lovely page. Nice work. Now you are ready to upload course material...Am happy to help you anytime..pl don't hesistate to contact me..
--Sarita Kumar 13:02, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
Thanks ma'am. To work on wiki page is Interesting.