|| For Whom
|| Number of Participants
|| How many Groups
Advisor, Durgapur Unyon Samiti
- Jonoprotinidhira Grameen Narider Kotha Kototuku Vaben?| থিয়েটার শিক্ষণ বুনিয়াদি শিক্ষা হিসেবে চালু হোয়া উচিৎ Author
Some my Article in Bangla
Participants of L4C60 Workshop
My Sandbox Page
my Picture Gallery
Picture Gallery of L4C60 Workshop
My Role as a WikiEducator
As A Wikibuddy
May, 2009. Attend L4C 60 and Collaborative OER Development Workshop conducted in Khulna, Bangladesh in association with RUPANTAR
May 2009. Wikibuddy. Thank you Anil Dada. (Oh yes, this is a very significant milestone for me)
May 2009. Start WikiEducator Bangladesh Chapter Working Group as Convener
June 2009 WikiNeighbour... this means visiting stars and talk with them :)
June 2009 WikiAmbassador ... This means I Want To Go Forward with W I K I
This user is a Member of
My Role as a WikiAmbassador
Now I am developing Bangladesh, Bangladesh Community Radio, Chapter Working Group and Open and Distance Learning page for WikiEducator.
I also try to developing my personal page with various learning materials.
IN wikieducator Bangladesh Page I use Bangla for large number of Bangali readers Please visit Bangladesh Page.
I also arrange orientation for WikiEducator.
I am helping to develop my friends personal pages.
I am trying to develop Bangla Handout for L4C training Workshop with the help of my WIKI friends.
Everyday I upload some important news in Bangladesh Chaptar Working Group Page
About Bangladesh, my country
- Official Name: People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Ethnicity: Bengali 98%; tribal groups and non-Bengali Muslims 2%
- Population: Approximately 154 million (est.)
- Density: 1,146 (per sq Km)
- Land Area: 133,911 sq Km
- Population Growth Rate: 1.9%
- Birth Rate: 28.8/1000
- Unemployment: 2.5%
- Life Expectancy: 63.5 years (male and female)
- Religions: Muslim 88%; Hindu 11%; Christian, Buddhist, others 1%
- Official Language: Bangla
- Year of Independence: 1971 (from Pakistan)
- Type of Government: Parliamentary Democracy
- GNP Per Capita: $440
- Annual Real Growth Rate of GDP: 6.3%
- GDP Composition by Sector: Agriculture - 21%, Industry - 27%, Services - 52%
- Adult Literacy: 41%, Male - 52%, Female - 29%
9th Parliament MP List
About Bangladesh Details
About Khulna, Where I live
- Khulna District with an area of 4394.46 sq km, is bounded by Jessore and Narail districts on the north, The Bay of Bengal on the south, Bagerhat district on the east, Satkhira district on the west.
- Annual average temperature is 35.5°C and lowest 12.5°C;
- Annual rainfall is 1710 mm.
- The main rivers are Rupsa, Pasur, Bhairab, Shibsha, Dharla, Bhadra, Ball, and Kobadak.
- Forest: The Sundarbans (166814 hectares).
- Khulna (Town) consists of 31 wards and 183 mahallas. The area of the town is 17.62 sq Mile. It has a population of 1227239; male 52.79%, female 47.21%; density of population is 59574 sq km. The literacy rate among the town people is 59.1%.
- Administration Khulna district was established on 1882. It consists of 9 upazilas and 5 thanas, 71 union parishads, 2 municipalities, 47 wards, 188 mahallas, 747 mouzas and 1106 villages. The upazilas are batiaghata, dacope, dumuria, dighalia, koyra, paikgachha, phultala, rupsa, terokhada; tahans are khalishpur, khan jahan ali, kotwali, daulatpur, sonadanga.
- Historical events: 16 December of 1971, Independent Bangladesh was established but Khulna was under the control of Pakistan Army. Next on 17 December as the Pakistani Army surrendered in the Circuit House ground then Khulna got her Independence.
- Pir Khan Jahan Ali came to preach Islam in this district about 400 years ago.
- In 1926 Mahatma Gandhi came to Khalishpur to inspire the Swadeshi Movement.
- Marks of War of Liberation Sculpture 1 (Bir Bangali), Monument 5, Mass grave 3.
- Religious institutions Mosque 1500, Tomb 4, Temple 646, Church 22, Place of pilgrimage 3, Monastery 1.
- Population 2334285; male 51.87%, female 48.13%; Muslim 73.49%, Hindu 25.74%, Christian 0.67%, Buddhist 0.04%, and Others 0.06%.
- Literacy and educational institutions Average literacy 43.9%; male 52.2%, female 34.6%.
- Educational institutions: university 2, university college 2, medical college 1, teacher's training college 1, regional public administration training institute 1, polytechnic institute 1, vocational institute 1, homeopathic college 1, social welfare training centre 1, madrasa 205, government college 5, non-government college 42, government. secondary school 9, non-government secondary school 248, lower secondary school 107, government primary school 625, non-government primary school 79, community primary school 34, satellite primary school 63, NGO operated school 199, primary teacher's institution 1.
- Newspapers and periodicals Dailies: Purbanchal, Tribiun, Janmobhumi, Probaho,Prabartan, Jahanabad, Anirban, Tathya, Rajpather Dabi, Weeklies: Sera Khabor, Khulna, Rupsa, Padoddhoni, Chhayapath, Ganobani; Periodicals: Purushottomadyuti, Shikar, Padatik. Extinct Periodicals: Agami, Ityadi, Deshkal.
- Cultural organisations Club 345, public library 5, museum 1 (Khulna Divisional Archaeological Museum), drama stage 5, cinema hall 21, theatre group 100, magic organisation 3, literary society 15, cultural organisation 20.
- Main occupations Agriculture 25.11%, fishing 1.66%, agricultural labourer 11.3%, wage labourer 7.15%, industry 16.38%, transport 4.09%, constructions 1.53%, service 18.93%, others 12.22%.
- Main crops Paddy, jute, sesame, Coconut, betel nut, and vegetable.
- Extinct and nearly extinct crops Sesame.
- Main fruits Jackfruit, mango, banana.
- Fisheries, dairies, and poultries Chingri Gher 3,409, dairy 498, poultry 447, hatchery 348.
- Communication facilities Railway 36 km, pucca road 400 km, semi pucca 350 km, mud roads 3575 km; waterways 470 nautical mile.
- Traditional transport Palanquin (extinct), horse carriage and bullock cart (nearly extinct), and boats.
- Manufactories Paper mill, hard board mill, textile mill, match factory, shipyard, steel mill, cable mill, rice mill, flour mill, ice factory, press mill, saw mill etc.
- Cottage industries Handloom, bamboo work, goldsmith, potteries, carpenter, tailoring.
- Main exports Paddy, rice, jute, sesame, betel nut, gur, mango, jackfruit, prawn.
- NGO activities: brac, Rupantar, Nabolok, CSS, Prodipan, nijera kari, asa, caritas, Proshika, Progoti.
- Health centres Medical college hospital 1, district sadar hospital 1, upazila health complex 9, TB hospital 1, infectious disease hospital 1, christian missionary hospital 1, salvation army (NGO) hospital 1, chest disease niramoy centre 1, railway hospital at kopilmuni 1, jail hospital 1, police hospital 1.
- is a self-organizing community and complex learning ecosystem.
- is a content development platform for open educational content and resources (OERs)
- is a values-based community focused on freedom and openness
- uses free and open source software
- provides free hosting and technical support
- offers free wiki skills training
- is your strategic partner
- has an innovative Value Proposition and Publishing model
- supports you in facilitating stakeholder engagement
- offers global, national, regional and local opportunities to support community development and growth and sustainability of your project(s) AND community-of-practice
(text extracted from Pilot Projects page)
Wikieducator News and Events
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='ytyd317anc' size='M' align='L'/>
Today is : 11, April 2021
Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Halim, your page is impressive! Cheers from your Wikineighbour. --Gladys Gahona 14:17, 30 June 2009
- Hi Halim,Thx a lot for your nice words of appreciation.--Yanubha 14:07, 3 July 2009 (UTC).
- Excellent page, Halim. --Nellie Deutsch 13:02, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you, Halim for adding the Ambassador template to my user page. I am really impressed with your user page.--Patricia 16:30, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for adding Wikiambassador to my page, you put on a lot of work on your impressive page --Nadia El Borai 10:47, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Thank you for visiting my WikiEducator Page. Every Blessing
|| Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.