|Other roles:||Instructional Designer, Content Developer, Radio And Video Producer, Trainer|
My name is Wilhelmina, my friends call me Miems. I'm Namibian, born in Rehoboth.
- I've started my career as a teacher in Rehoboth. I've been teaching for 15 years,mainly in the Commercial subject area.
- I've joined Junior Achievement Namibia (JAN)on contract basis as a programme officer in 2004, mainly responsible to teach Entrepreneurship to out-of school youth and Secondary School learners.
- I'm working at NAMCOL as a Programme Developer for Commercial subjects since March 2006.
- Job Description
- As programme Developer I'm mainly responsible for the development of print material in the different subjects which I'm responsible for. Of late we have embarked into various other mediums to add value to our print material which I find quite challenging, but also very interesting.
- My achievements in this area include:
- Developing Radio lessons in Economics, Business and Accounting (see Studio)
- All radio lessons are broadcast on our national broadcaster (NBC) and several community Radio Stations situated in the different regions throughout the country.
- I received third price in the General News category for the 2008 MISA Namibia Awards for Economics Radio lessons
- Developing Video lessons
- NAMCOL with the financial assistance from COL and our Ministry of Education has successfully developed video lessons in different Grade 10 and 12 subjects. These programmes were successfully broadcast on NBC.
- The video lessons developed as part of the COL/NAMCOL project are available on the COL website and the NAMCOL website.
- Developing Web-based lessons
- So far my involvement in the development of these lessons is as far as the storyboard development and the quality check of the final lessons. I would like to create lessons in one of the subjects which I coordinate in the near future.
- Developing Open Educational Resources (OER)'
- I'm the team leader of the group responsible for the development of Entrepreneurship Grade 10 OERs under COL OER Project. This is a two-year project of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) which aims at developing OERs in a range of Grade 10 subjects. We have finished the first part of the project - development of print-based Entrepreneurship course and are now busy with the development of the online Entrepreneurship course.
I like watching TV and reading (see Booklist)
My expectations of this workshop and thereafter:
- To improve my basic Wiki editing skills
- To complete a section for a distance education study guide on WikiEducator
- To create an institutional portal page for NAMCOL
- To become actively involve in the open on-line community networks
Alternative Teaching methods and add your comments, criticisms, more methods, or reflections. Just try it. Cheers, Phil. --Phil Bartle 10:44, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
Notes and Feedback from my WikiNeighbours
- Hi Miems, As this workshop is nearing its end now, could you decide on developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by yourself (and others) on WikiEducator? With best wishes, Ramesh Sharma 20:10, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Miems, your page is looking good now. Please keep updating the information on it. Hope you are not facing any difficulty. if so, pl do let us know. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 18:15, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Miems, Welcome back again. Good to see you here again. There is always so much more we can learn and share. Feel free to ask for help, should you need to. Our workshop home page can be found here including instructinos: EL4C46 Homepage]Warm wishes, --Patricia Schlicht 23:38, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
Facilitators - eL4C46
WikiEducator Learning4Content and Collaborative Learning: How can you make it work for you?
October 20 - November 3, 2010
- The facilitators: