Open Educational Resources (OER)
The Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL) is currently engage in an OER Project in collaboration with COL. This is a two-year project of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) which aims at developing OERs in a range of Grade 10 subjects.
The project include the development of print-based OERs and on-line OERs.
The project will ultimately broaden access to learning resources for millions of learners at secondary school level in and outside Namibia and will also bring new technologies and collaborative content development tools to participating teachers in Namibia and elsewhere.
NAMCOL is developing OERs for the following Grade 10 subjects:
- Life Science
- Physical Science
My experience in the COL OER Project
- I'm the team leader of the Entrepreneurship Grade 10 OER Group. The rest of the team consist of the Educational Officer at NIED and three teachers.
- Print-based OERs
- Working with the ODL template to create the print-based OER is not difficult and my team did quite well although this is the first time that they were involve in creating distance learning materials.
- On-line OERs
- Working with Moodle to convert the print-based material in to on-line materials is another story. We find it to be very challenging, but interesting.
- Print-based OERs
This word is bold and this word is italics.
Assignment quality tend to be a common problem for many tutors and learners.
- Concerns which are continuously raised include things such as:
- typing errors,
- grammatical mistakes,
- assignments testing work not covered in the syllabus,
- questions not clear,
- incorrect answers in memo, etc.
These problems need to be address as assignments are very important
- not only in preparing learners for examinationbut also because
- it is part of continuous assessment
which directly influence the success rate of the learners.
I like OER 4 Open Schools on facebook.