|Website:||Bael Ning Community, Maru's Blog|
|Employer:||MMV® Centro Multidisciplinario de Asesoría Integral, S. C.|
|Occupation:||Psychologist and Online Educator|
Today is: 5, October 2022
- I am enabling a life long project to foster Digital Literacy and English among the Spanish Speakers in Mexico. You can see here a recording of a presentation I gave on 23th of May 2009 describing our project for the WIAOC09 Convergence or you can visit my blog to follow our progress.
The process of getting a non profit organization on board to bring DigiBridge.donated PCs has been slow, Andy Pincon's generosity has made possible this dream.
- I am exploring blended learning and use of web 2.0 tools for instruction and learning.
I'm training Mexican teachers to deliver their content online, I don't have face to face students right now. We're exploring Second Life, Elluminate, WiZiQ and Alado as virtual rooms.
- My latest Certificate it's focused on Connectivism and Connective Knowledge, I took it online at the Extended Education and Learning Technologies Centre, University of Manitoba (December 2008).
- I am one of the founders of the Mexican National Association of Human Development (ADEHUM, 2002).
- I work at MMV® Centro Multidisciplinario with Children, Teenagers and Adults in the modalities of Individual Therapy, Marital Therapy, Family Therapy and Group Therapy. I have been practicing since 1983.
- In some situations I join forces with Neurologists, Psychiatrist, Physical Therapists, Language Therapists or Social Workers depending on the case. I also handle psychometric tests when needed and give workshops to Private and Public organizations when it's required.
- I have been teaching English as a foreign language to adult learners for over 20 years. Currently I'm training Mexican teachers to deliver their content online, I do not have f2f students right now. I am interested in collaborating with other teachers worldwide to foster Digital Literacy and English Language among Hipanoamerican Communities and do this at Becoming an e-Learner and BaeL.
- In my free time, I help teenagers and adults become aware of the benefit of using integrating web 2.0 tools for online instruction and learning. I am doing this on a voluntary basis as part of my apostolate because I am passionate about sharing my learning and would like to see e-Learning reachable and free for the Spanish Speaker Community. I believe collaboration and sharing are crucial to enable Digital Literacy and English, hence improving our chances to get a better life quality. We are starting with Learn Free computer tutorials and English course. The site in Spanish is Aprende Libre
- I co-founded the SLExperiments Group, with Nergiz Kern and Alicia Barbitta. We meet in Second Life every Friday at 11 AM SLT/PDT (18:00 GMT) Headquarters. You can check our agenda and join any time. My SL ID is Mmvcentro Jewell, please befriend me to offer teleport.
- I practice Vipassana Meditation, Meditacion Vipassana. They give free face to face courses, whether you are taking a 10 days or 3 days course, your lodging expenses are also provided for free. They have Meditation Centers all over the world.
(: Hi Maru ~ Congratulations for taking the initiative and getting a head start. You are an inspiration! --Nellie Deutsch)
Messages from my WikiNeighbours
Welcome to eL4C33
- Hello and welcome to eL4C33, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the Daily Instructions for the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the workshop.
- Your facilitators:
Alternative Teaching methods and add your comments, criticisms, more methods, or reflections. Just try it. Cheers, Phil. --Phil Bartle 10:44, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hola Maru.Saludos desde Cancun.--Gladys Gahona 19:21, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Hola Chicuela!!! Pues aquí estamos.--Maru del Campo
- Hola Maru , I'm Alejandra Guajardo from Peru, I'm your WikiNeighbour!! Bienvenida a WikiEducator. Tu nombre me suena familiar. Será por qué has enseñado en San Luis Potosí? Conoces a Norma Pastrana o Addy Duarte? Yo trabajo como coordinadora del Diplomado CILTA en Perú, has oído de éste? Realmente me alegra mucho que haya más latinos participando en WikiEducator. Por favor cualquier duda o consulta no dudes en dejarme una nota aquí o en mi user page. Best wishes --Alejacha 03:21, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hola Maru, me encantó el video de tu presentación. Me dará mucho gusto poder colaborar contigo. Seguimos en contacto. --Gladys Gahona 03:55, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi. Maru! Nice to meet you here! It seems the webheads are always wanting to learn more!--Vicky Saumell 15:16, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Maru! Nice page and great job. Congratulations for being certified a WikiBuddy.--Soobhadrah Bokhoree 18:11, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Welcome to eL4C31
- Hello and welcome to eL4C31, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: