Does Linux have disadvantages?
- First download, then burn to CD, then install youself.
- Some (recent) hardware can cause problems (ie. Canon / Lexmarks printers, wifi, webcams, E-id readers)
- You need to be or go on-line for informatie or to get help, where with MS-Windows you could ask your neightbour.
- For some software there is no equivalent (yet) (ie. MS-Publisher)
- You have tu unlearn Windows and become Linux-minded because 'Linux is NOT Windows'.
- Open-source, free, virusfree, multi-lingual, Live-CD, stable, fast updates, much choice, for both desktop and server.
- A 'Linux update' updates all program's on your PC.
- Gives your 'old' PC a second life.
- No “vendor-lock in” nor “ET-phone home”
- Ideal rescue tool for MS-Windows crash at your neightbours ...
- Can run next to Windows on the same PC in dual-boot.
- Quick and full installation.