My name is Jenni Hallett. I have only recently begun using a Wiki with one of my classes. I'm looking forward to learning how I can make better use of it. Hopefully I can contribute something to WikiEducator that may be of use to others.
I began teaching in 1995 and have worked in a variety of secondary schools in Sydney, Australia. Currently I am employed at an independent school for girls, teaching junior Science and senior Biology classes. I run an enrichment program for able Science students who are interested in attempting the qualifying examination for the Biology Olympiad.
Bachelor of Education (Secondary Science) - Sydney University
Areas of study: Education, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Current advances in Biology and their applications.
- Support for students with Learning Difficulties and enrichment for Gifted & Talented students.
- Use of ICT for quality teaching & learning.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| A lesson plan or sequence of lesson plans for teaching an area of Biology, perhaps genetics or disease, to Senior high school students.|
| Target date for completion
|| --JH 07:50, 25 July 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Jenni, Welcome to this workshop eL4C41. I am your facilitator along with Anirban, Derek & Sarita. We will help you and will watch your page develop. Enjoy this learning mode and ask for help if needed. Warm Wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:14, 21 July 2010 (UTC))
- (: Hi Jenni, I am a Biologist too. You have started well, keep adding here & try using skills added everyday. Warm wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 08:21, 25 July 2010 (UTC))
- Thanks, I'm really enjoying what I am learning. I have an idea for a project, its in my sandbox, it would be something to develop over the next few years.--JH 08:48, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Jenni. Your project sounds very interesting. We are having a live session today so if you'd like to explain your project, that would be wonderful! Explaining your project in a live session would also help find others who are interested in the same. Let me know if you are available to attend the session and whether you'd like to explain your project or not. Your talk can be as formal or informal as you'd like! --Benjamin Stewart 14:11, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- (: Hi Jenni, I agree with Ben that presenting your project idea in the live session will be nice. Try, it is easy. I will try to be in the session too for a short while as it will be morning time here & I have to reach my college:-) This is our WE community you will love.--Dr. Gita Mathur 16:41, 25 July 2010 (UTC))
- Sorry Gita and Benjamin, I was not able to get the live session to run, or the previous recorded session to play. The IT staff at my work have checked and flash player is installed. They are not sure what else could be wrong. Any ideas? Not sure if this is the right place to post this question? Thanks Jenni
- What exactly is happening when you try to view the recording? Is there a message being displayed, for example? --Benjamin Stewart 04:47, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for your reply. It was saying I had a problem with internet connection (but I was able to get onto other sites). It is now working to play the recordings, so seems fixed now, and I will try to find time to listen to the sessions soon... bit busy this week.--JH 12:15, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- You are doing a great job Jenni. I hope the problem is solved. Congratulations for your first certification.--Dr. Gita Mathur 17:21, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
* Hello Jenni, as your Group C facilitator, it is a pleasure for me to see that you have developed such a nice userpage. I look forward to reading your contributions here. Warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 13:25, 3 August 2010 (UTC)