User:I K SINGH
|Employer:||Deshbandhu College, Delhi University|
|Other roles:||teach india|
- 1 Dr Indrakant K Singh
- 2 Basic Education
- 3 Passions and my research interests
- 4 Professional training and Computer skills
- 5 Resource Person
- 6 My Administrative skills
- 7 Member:
- 8 My Publications:
- 9 Gene bank Submission
- 10 Conferences/Symposia/Workshop participated:
- 11 My Hobbies
- 12 Useful Links
- 13 My Pictures
Dr Indrakant K Singh
- Name: Dr. Indrakant K Singh
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: 1st March 1978
- Subject Area: Zoology
- Profession Qualification: M.Phil. Ph.D.
Email address: email@example.com
- B.Sc. (H) Zoology, [Subs.: Botany & Chemistry]
University of Delhi, Delhi, India. [1995-1998]
- M.Sc. Zoology, specialization in Applied Entomology [1998-2000]
University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
- M.Phill. [2000-2001]
Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007, India.
- Ph.D.  Advanced Centre of Study in Zoology,
Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007, India.
Research area: Applied Zoology
Passions and my research interests
- I am working as an Assistant Professor in Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi, Delhi and teaching has always been my passion. Previously I have also taught in Hans Raj and Kirori Mal College. I love to teach subjects related to Applied Entomology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics and Human Physiology. I am presently taking lectures on Cell Biology and Immunology besides above mentioned subjects and I like the subject as well.
- Besides teaching I am interested in pursuing research also. During my doctoral research I worked on behavioral aspects of plant-insect interactions and Host-plant resistance and insect behavior. During this period I have learnt insect rearing (Spodoptera litura, Helicoverpa armigera, Nezara viridula, Plutella xylostella, and Spilosoma obliqua ). I have expertise on bioassays related to orientation, feeding, oviposition, Insect-plant relations and studies on antibiosis/ antixenosis mechanism of host-plant resistance against insect pests. I have performed laboratory evaluations of plant surfaces for resistance/susceptibility against insect pests and extraction of phytochemicals from plants.
- During my post doctoral research I worked on the molecular aspects of Helicoverpa-chickpea interaction. During this period I learnt to construct subtractive cDNA library, macroarray and microarray, northern blot analysis, real time PCR. I have also learnt use of bioinformatics tools like phylip, Clustal W, treecon, TM4, OLIGO, Clone Manager, BLAST and other related tools. I have submitted 69 unique genes of chickpea which are Helicoverpa-responsive genes. The accession numbers are available on the NCBI.
Professional training and Computer skills
- P. G. Diploma in Bioinformatics
- Training Program in Computer (MS Word, Windows, Excel & PowerPoint, Internet Concept & its Applications) from Delhi University Computer Center, University of Delhi, Delhi- 110007.
- Expertise in preparing power point presentations and Photo editing programs.
- Worked as a Resource Person for “practical session in Animal behaviour” for Refresher course in life Sciences, Entitled: ‘Critical Appraisal and Training on Recent Advances in Life Sciences’ organized by CPDHE, University of Delhi. Delhi.
My Administrative skills
- Admission, Examination and cultural activities (organizing seminar, Quiz and music competition etc), in college.
- Organizing local / outstation educational trip/visit
- Planning and Management of research projects.
- Skills in preparing the project reports and publications, content editing.
- Life time member of "ENTOMOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA" since 2003.
- Singh, A, Singh, I. K. and Verma, P. K. (2008). Differential Transcript Accumulation in Cicer arietinum L. in Response to Chewing Insect Helicoverpa armigera, Mechanical Damage and Signaling Molecules Correlates with Feeding/Dispersal Behavior. Journal of Experimental Botany, 59(9): 2379-2392.
- Singh, I. K. and Singh, A. K. (2003). Deleterious effects of karanj leave on the development and survival of Spodoptera litura. Proc. Natl. Symp. From. Areas Entomol. IARI New Delhi. pp. 587-588.
- Singh, I.K. and Singh, A. (2008). The southern green stinkbug, Nezara viridula (L): A polyphagous pest. Agrobios Newsletter Vol. 6(8): 45-46.
Gene bank Submission
- Singh, A., Singh I. K., and Verma, P.K. 2007. Molecular responses of Cicer arietinum genes in response to insect attack. 64 unique cDNA sequences isolated by Suppression subtractive Library.
The assigned accession numbers are:
EF375947, EF375948, EF375949, EF375950, EF375951, EF375952, EF375953, EF375954, EF375955, EF375956, EF375957, EL585348, EL585349, EL5853450, EL5853451, EL5853452, EL5853453, EL5853454, EL5853455, EL5853456, EL5853457, EL5853458, EL5853459, EL5853460, EL5853461, EL5853462, EL5853463, EL5853464, EL5853465, EL5853466, EL5853467, EL5853468, EL5853469, EL5853470, EL5853471, EL5853472, EL5853473, EL5853474, EL5853475, EL5853476, EL5853472, EL5853473, EL5853474, EL5853475, EL5853476, EL5853477, EL5853478, EL5853479, EL5853480, EL5853481, EL5853482, EL5853483, EL5853484, EL5853485, EL5853486, EL5853487, EL5853488, EL5853489, EL5853490, EL5853491, EL5853492, EL5853493, EL5853494, EL5853495.
- “International symposium on Microbial Biotechnology: Diversity, Genomics and Metagenomics” held from 18th-20th November 2008 at University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
- “Biology laboratory course based on B.Sc. Programme” held on September 2-4, 2008, organized by Institute of Life Long Learning and Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi, Delhi
- “IFTF X2 workshop on Science and Technology trends in India” held on 12th June 2008 at Sheraton New Delhi, organized by Institute For The Future, University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301.
- “National Training cum Workshop on Bioinformatics Applications in Agricultural Research” held on 25-27th February 2008 organized by Unit of simulation and informatics (IARI) and sponsored by DBT, Govt. of India.
- “International symposium on Ciliate biology” held on 6th-7th February, 2007, hosted by Sri Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi Delhi- 110007.
- Actively participated in “A workshop on “Genetics, Genomics and Biotechnology” (for Zoology Teacher of Delhi University college) August, 10th-12th, 2006, organized by Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi- 110007.
- “Lecture workshop on Molecular Endocrinology & Gamete Biology” held on 3rd-4th Oct, 2005 organized by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore at Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi, Delhi- 110007.
- “Workshop on Basic Techniques in Immunology” held on 27th-29th August’2005, organized by Centre for Advanced study in Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi- 110007.
- “Workshop in Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, from 18th-22nd April, 2005. Organized by Department of Biochemistry, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi. New Delhi- 110021.
- “National symposium on frontier areas of entomology” from 5th-7th Nov. 2003, IARI, New Delhi- 110012.
- “Workshop on Biotechniques” From January 11th-13th, 2002, conducted by “Center for Biochemical Technology” University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi-110 007.
- Classical music
- Table tennis
IKS at Forest Research Institute
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='m4esza061g' size='L' align='L'/>
Messages from my WikiNeighbours
Dear I K Singh,
Warm welcome to the WikiEducator family of educators and learners!
Here at WikiEducator we work together to develop open and free educational content/activity including suitable quality assurance systems for all levels and subjects. Our sustained efforts and unique ways of networking will definitely make us a trusted partner of National Qualifications Frameworks of various countries as well as the evolving Transnational Qualifications Framework
Collaboration is the strength of our community. Therefore don't be shy to ask for learning helps and offer your support <smile>.
Anil Prasad 09:39, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
(: Hi Dr. Indrakant, Very happy to see the progress you have made so far. WE has a community certification scheme starting from Apprentice level 1. At the end of this workshop you will be able to gain Apprentice Level 2 or WikiBuddy certification, very easily, based on your performance. We would like to see all of you attain wiki buddy status by the end of this workshop. GO AHEAD! All the best…warm regards…Anil Prasad 16:42, 13 April 2009 (UTC))
Hi Dr. Indrakant,
You may be planning to add the content you have prepared as part of the learning contract tomorrow. Similarly you are likely to create more pages as you have become a very enthusiastic Wiki Educator by now. Click here for some tips for creating new pages.
Anil Prasad 16:00, 14 April 2009 (UTC)