|WORKING WITH COMMUNITY|
|Working With Community Camp organized by Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal from 16 to 20 March 2010|
|Home | Prabhat Pheri | Morning Exercise | Shramdaan | Community game | Theme-based cultural programme|
- The Second activity of the day was the “Shramdan”. This was the one hour long activity from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
All students made different groups and then went to the lanes of the village. The lanes were not much dirty. This village has got the Nirmal (clean) village award by government.
We found difficulty to get broomstick from the villagers but somehow we managed to get it from them. Then each group had chosen a particular lane or area to clean. Then we started the work of Shramdaan. Initially the villagers were looking at us and were making our fun. But after some time a lady came forward and she joined us in brooming.
All students took very much interest in this and done a very hard work in the lane. The waste material, poly bags, paper and many other dirty materials were there in a big area. The boys took phavada (spade) from the villager and collected the waste materials in a particular place and then we put fire in them. We also make aware the villagers to keep the surrounding clean. Then we returned the broomsticks to the villagers they were very happy to see our work and want to participate in them. The main aim behind the Shramdan Program is:
- To motivate the villagers to live in hygienic surroundings.
- To inculcate the importance of the clean and green surrounding
- To appreciate and protect the serene beauty of the village.
- To make them aware of the different types of the epidemics and diseases that break due to unclean surroundings.
- To generate the feelings of cleanliness in the village.