|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Open schooling uses high quality self-instructional materials drawing on the research and experience of open distance learning. The open schooling approach uses these self-instructional materials in conjunction with a system of tutorial support provided through local study centres. WikiEducator's open schooling initiative aims to:
- build capacity among educators in using wiki methodologies for implementing open schooling approaches; and
- reduce the costs of producing self-instructional materials through international collaboration and a free content model.
- make a substantive contribution to achieving universal access to school-level education using free content.
Open School WikiEducators
- Frances Ferreira, COL
- Wayne Mackintosh, COL;
- Ed Du Vivier, Independent Consultant;
- Dr. Pankaj Khare, IGNOU, New Delhi
- Minhaaj ur Rehman, Lahore, Pakistan
- Nellie Deutsch, Building Relationship
- Letare Hemrom,Jamshedpur,India.
- Add username here
- Costs and Finances for Open Schools- Course materials
- Institute Capacity Building Project for Open School, Bangladesh Open University
- Add projects here
- Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Virtual University of Pakistan
- AIOU Pakistan