Moodle for Teachers Workshop (M4T-4)
March 1 to March 28, 2010 - FREE online course
Return to Workshop Development
This intensive, four-week-long workshop is designed to engage you in theoretical and practical aspects of online learning and teaching with a Learning Management System called Moodle. By successfully completing the program you will be ready to teach blended online learning (BOL) or blended learning (BL) courses using Moodle. In the workshop, you will be introduced to online learning pedagogies and best practices. Moodle course development tools will be demonstrated, reviewed and practiced. You will collaborate in teams to design or redesign your course content, integrate synchronous and asynchronous learning activities into your course, add resources, develop assessments for online learning, and share and reflect on the process of developing online or blended online courses.
The goal of the course is to help educators ensure the quality of online learning through systematic instructional design of online and blended online courses (BOL) and instructor training on online pedagogies.
As online learners, you will learn to understand online learning from the student's perspective so you can prepare your future courses with the learner in mind.
- Week 1: Course Goals, Team formation and Moodle basics (M4T-4)
- Week 2: Course Design, Moodle resources and activities (team sandbox)
- Week 3: Course Development (team sandbox)
- Week 4: Course Assessment (team sandbox)
This workshop demands at least 5 hours of course work a week + 5 hours of live online meetings on WiZiQ.
This course is blended online learning, delivered via the asynchronous and synchronous platforms (Moodle and WiZIQ) that are available for FREE.
IT4ALL provides a M4T Certificate of Completion after you:
- Complete all the workshop assignments.
- Reflect on the reading, live online workshops (recording if absent) discussion forums, and on the assignments in the individual wiki throughout the M4T workshop.
- Add to the forum discussions.
- Participate and contribute to the development of the team topic/course (resources and activities) in the sandbox.
- Submit a team slides presentation that showcases the process and content of the Moodle sandbox course.
You have to create a account at IT4ALL Moodle platform and then enroll on Moodle for Teachers (M4T-4).
Integrating Technology for Active Life-long Learning