What are discussion pages for?
Greetings -- Never be shy to ask a question -- Different browsers use different approaches. Here are a few online instructions on how to book mark a page (you should first go to the page you want to book mark) -- Check which browser software you are using and choose the right instructions below.
Start your questions hereafter
- Please let us know if you have any difficulties. We'll be happy to help. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 22:46, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- Finally, I started a project with autism. I would like help in English. My English language skills are not very good. --Teromakotero 20:46, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero, this is great news. Why don't you announce your request for help on the main wikieducator discussion list? this way your audience and chances of finding somebody are bigger. Warm wishes and Merry Christmas. --Patricia Schlicht 22:24, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
mmmmmm....how do I insert an image? I have clicked on the icon but don't seem to be able to access my images on my hard drive. Help! (Alex Perry) Also, how do you time stamp? Also, how do you change text colour?
- Hi Alex, I found this link to Insert an ImageI then used the same code as the others to conform to an appropriate size.
I think you can also use the Rich Editor to insert an image, however I have not tried it.
As for the time stamp, I simply typed it in as I am unsure of the code. --Rehanna Lutchman 2:44, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Love this, participants helping other participants, way to go! Well done. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 05:30, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
E-signature and date stamps
Hello, I was wanting to know the time stamp code, too! Meanwhile I'll do the bodgy type in too! Melanie Webber 6 December 2010
- Hi Melanie, on top of the introduction page you used earlier to introduce yourself to your fellow partipants, I gave a hint on how to insert your e-signature. When you sign, the date will automatically also inserted. Does this answer your questions? Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 05:32, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm. Let's try it. --Melanie Webber 05:39, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Yay! It works! Thanks, Patricia. --Melanie Webber 05:39, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- That's great, well done, Melanie. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 17:40, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
- Ah this is much more convenient! (I had to verify the time on another website, then type it in :-) --Rehanna Lutchman 00:42, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- If you are trying to find this informatio (like I was -- still getting my head around the navigation), here is the link Introductions. Just under the big yellow text box. --Kathryn Mac Callum 00:39, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
How do you go about editing your infobox on your profile? --Melanie Webber 11:29, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- Ignore - sorted it myself. Found link to template, tried it in Sandbox, then discovered it had been there the whole time if I'd looked at the whole page in Edit view. Whoops. --Melanie Webber 11:46, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Melanie - with a wiki I find the best way to find out how to do things is to look at how someone else has done it!! So find an example of what you want hit the edit button and see what they have done :) - Michael (Mverhaart 20:51, 10 December 2010 (UTC))
Give us your feedback
- I'm enjoying working through the course at my own pace - I love that I can access it at whatever time is convenient to me (far too late at night at the moment). I really enjoy the regular comments on my work - a good reminder of how important positive feedback is in the classroom. --Melanie Webber 11:21, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- I totally agree, Melanie. Same goes for me. Had to attend a colloquium over the last 2 days, so plan to catch up on days 3-5 in my own time tontoday and tonight. Found 2 of my queries already answered here, but I'm sure I'll find more questions to ask! Jeannie --Drjeannie 22:00, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- Fire away (;-)) We are here for you. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 22:16, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- The workshop is well organised with helpful tutorials, which means it's easy to catch up if you miss a few days :-)
The Course Facilitators, Patricia and Michael, have shown alot of encouragement and I would like to thank them for the messages and for patiently accommodating our questions.--Rehanna Lutchman 05:50, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for your kind words. Its really neat to get feedback too as facilitators. Patricia is a marvellous mentor as this is my first facilitation. - Michael (Mverhaart 11:10, 17 December 2010 (UTC))