Internet & Web development (2)/Course materials/Web Site Overview/Purpose
By the end of this page you will be able to:
Web site purpose
- Websites should be built to enable an organisation to use the Internet to help meet organisational goals.
- They can be used to help sell more products, manage customers and suppliers, promote your business, develop new markets and even undertake research of new products and services.
- A Website will relate to many, if not all, parts of an organisation, so everyone involved in the parts of the organisation associated with the Website needs to be involved in the management.
- A Website is about supporting business, not just technology, so it is important that the management is not left to only the technicians.
- Businesses that employ a few people do not have much choice about who manages their Website.
- This can make managing much easier because decision-making is less complicated. However, it can also mean that management is left to just one person who needs to be disciplined about allocating time to manage each aspect of it.