Cottage Industries Ltd has sales data they wish to send out to retail outlets in a letter created in Microsoft Word. The letter has been created as a Word document and the sales data has been entered and graphed in an Excel spreadsheet.
As well as the mailmerge letter, you are also required to create mailing labels containing the contact information for placement on envelopes.
Contact information for each retail outlet is also available: you are required to enter this information in to an Access Database to be used as the data source for your mailmerge.
- Open the Cottage Industries Letter that you worked with in Unit 1. This is the document you will use as the basis for your project. Check that the letter looks right, including the embedded table and chart, and that your own name is shown as the Production Manager.
- Download and save the 2791 Outlet Contacts (Access database file). This file will provide the contact information to be merged with the letter and for creating mailing labels.
- Create a word processing document for creating mailing labels from the 2791 Outlet Contacts database.
- Create a word processing document for creating mailing labels from the Contacts database.
- Insert merge fields ino the appropriate places in the letter and the mailing labels
- Create the mailmerge from the Contact database and print the mailmerged letters
- Create the mailmerge from the Contact database and print the mailmerged labels
You will submit printouts of:
- All six merged letters
- The sheet of mailing labels.
- The letter document with merge fields displayed (ie not merged)
- The labels document with merge fields displayed (ie not merged)
Note: printouts may be hardcopy (on paper) or as PDF files.