HIVAIDS/Sex workers and Intravenous Drug Users
Sex workers and Intravenous Drug Users
In this topic there is a focus on health promotion and protection from the perspectives of sex workers and intravenous drug users who have specific needs in relation to HIV/AIDS. Personnel from local organisations (Dunedin Prostitutes Collective - DPC- and Dunedin Intravenous Organisation - DIVO), will be speaking on a web-conference and available to field questions.
- Listen to the recordings of the speakers and explore a website:
- Carol Clark, a regional coordinator from the Dunedin Prostitutes Collective gives an overview about the organisation and tells a couple of stories about her experiences with health organisations.
- Blair from DIVO presents about the organisation and talks in two parts.
- Blair demonstrates on video, some new strategies from overseas to help prevent needle sharing.
- You can view and listen to a recording of both presentations on Elluminate.
- Investigate the New Zealand Prostitutes Collective website.