HIVAIDS/Health Promotion and Prevention of HIV
Health Promotion and Prevention of HIV
Objectives and Activities
Participants will evaluate standard precautions in their area of work. Guest speaker, Alison Stewart-Pieres from the Sexual Health Clinic, will discuss the prevention of HIV. Also supportive self-care practices for health professionals involved in the care of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA – persons living with HIV/AIDS) will be discussed. A review of healthy nutrition and the issues for PLWHA will be covered. Participants will familiarize themselves with correct condom application procedures.
- Listen to a recording of the guest speaker presentation - Alison Stewart-Pieres – Sexual Health Clinic.
- You may also wish to look at some of the notes taken during the presentation.
- Read the review about nutrition.
- View the animated diagram about correct condom application procedures. This is from a series on health information provided by the University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison, USA.
- Listen to the presentation about self-care; this is particularly for nurses and has some ideas for taking care of yourself.
- Note: Once the presentation opens you can click an icon at the bottom right of the slide to make it play in full screen.