Please note: the following tutorial will open in a new window/tab. When you have finished the tutorial, simply close the window/tab and you'll return to this page.
Now complete the following steps:
- Open the Word Processing application on your computer (e.g. Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Writer). A blank document will appear on your screen
- Enter your name in the blank document
- Select File > Save As, the Save As dialog box will appear on your screen
- Select Libraries > Documents, on the left hand pane
- Open the Course Files folder (that you created earlier, then open the Word Processing folder
- Click in the File Name: field to name your file, use your name as the file name
- Select Save
- Select File > Close. The document you created will now be closed, although the Word Processing application will still be open on your screen.
- Select File > Exit. The program will now be closed.
Repeat Steps 1 – 9 to create the following files:
- A document containing your address, saved in your Word Processing folder with the File Name Contact Details
- A document with 3 stationery items, saved in your Word Processing folder with the File Name Stationery List