Hello and welcome to this course on File Management and Protection. This course, along with Basic Computing will set you up to complete the National Certificate in Computing (Level 2). See the Assessment overview section for more information about completing this qualification.
Much awaits you, so here's how to begin:
- Review the Course details, Course description, and Learning outcomes below.
- If you are planning on completing the assessment for this course, please read the Assessment overview, before you begin.
- Read the Getting started section, which has some really important instructions to prepare you for completing this course.
- Visit the Course schedule and launch into the first unit!
| Unit standard
|| 2781 v7
| Learning hours
| Pre requisites
|| 2780 v6
| Enrollment status
|| Online registration coming soon
| Developed by
|| OP Online
| Formal assessment services
|| Indicative fee for credentialing: NZ$tba
By completing this course you will be able to demonstrate file management; identify and describe common threats to data; demonstrate knowledge of data protection measures and ethical issues in relation to the management of data held on computer systems, for a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate file management on a personal computer system. Includes but is not limited to – opening, copying, naming, renaming, moving, deleting.
- Identify and describe common threats to data stored on a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data protection measures applied to data stored on a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues in relation to the management of data held in personal computer systems. Ethical issues may include but are not limited to – copyright, piracy, individual privacy, organisation confidentiality.