Unit Standard 21204 Element 8: Evaluate effectiveness of literacy teaching strategies and learning activities and any specialist adult literacy support in the training or education programme.
- The features of effective embedded literacy and numeracy provision
- Assessment for learning
- FAQ's on the National Assessment Tool
- Knowles, M. S., Holton, E .F & Swanson, R. A. (2005). The Adult Learner: the definitive classic in adult education and human resource development.
- Brinkerhoff, R. O. (2006). Telling training’s story: evaluation made simple, credible, and effective.
- Brookfield, S. D. (1995). Becoming a critically reflective teacher.
Candidates will demonstrate that they are able to demonstrate the use of appropriate methods for evaluating the effectiveness of planning, delivery and assessment of a programme for developing adult literacy and numeracy skills.
8.1 Evaluation is conducted collaboratively with learner(s) and other stakeholder(s).
8.2 Changes made during the programme are identified as potential improvements for future programmes.
8.3 Evaluation compares learning achievement to identified literacy needs.
8.4 Evaluation confirms effectiveness of assessment methods.
8.5 Information from evaluation informs planning for educator professional development and learner skill development.
8.6 Evaluation includes critical reflection on the effectiveness of teaching strategies.
- Element 1 - Describe adult literacy in Aotearoa
- Element 2 - Describe Maori Literacy.
- Element 3 - Identify the literacy demands of the training or education programme.
- Element 4 - Identify the literacy strengths and needs of the individual learners in the training or education programme.
- Element 5 - Integrate literacy skill development into the delivery of the training or education programme.
- Element 6 - Use literacy teaching strategies to promote adult literacy skill development in the training or education programme.
- Element 7 - Assess literacy progress in the training or education programme.
- Element 8 - Evaluate effectiveness of literacy teaching strategies and learning activities and any specialist adult literacy support in the training or education programme.