ESC OER Taskforce
- 1 OER Taskforce
- 2 Openness in Education
- 3 Glossary of Open Education
- 4 Team Members Blogs
- 5 Presentations
- 6 Annotated Bibliography
The OER Taskforce is composed of faculty, administrators, and instructional designers from Empire State College's Center for Distance Learning (CDL). The charge of the taskforce is to learn about openness in education and how open resources can be used at CDL.
- Rebecca Bonanno, Faculty Mentor
- Hui-Ya Chuang, Coordinator of Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Robert Kester, Coordinator of Curriculum and Instructional Design
- Claire Miller, Curriculum Design Specialist
- Ellen Murphy, Director of Online Curriculum
- Michele Ogle, Assistant Area Coordinator and Math Faculty
- Katarina Pisutova, Curriculum and Instructional Designer
- Debbie Staulters, Program Aide
- Kathleen Stone, Coordinator of Curriculum and Instructional Design
Openness in Education
In January 2012 members of the taskforce began taking David Wiley's Introduction to Openness in Education course. The course required participants to work through 12 different topics on openness in education and create a blog post summarizing what we learned and our thoughts about each topic. Badges could be earned for completeing the course. This wiki is to summarize what we learned, share the knowledge we gained, and the deliverables/artifacts/resources we developed during this process.
Glossary of Open Education
- Open Licensing
- Open Source
- Open Content
- Open Educational Resources (including open textbooks)
- Learning Object Repository
- Open Access
- Open Science
- Open Data
- Open Teaching
- Open Business Models
- Open Policy
- Open Universities
Team Members Blogs
March 28, 2012 SUNY Empire State All College Conference
April 28, 2012 SUNY Empire State CDL Conference
Chuang, H., Miller, C., Ogle, M., and Stone, K. (2012, April 28). Lessons learned: An experience in open education. PowerPoint presented at the SUNY Empire State College CDL Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY.
Hand's on version of David Wiley's Licensing game adapted by Miller, C. and Stone, K.
May 31, 2012 CIT Conference
Chuang, H., Murphy, E., Pisutova, K., and Stone, K. (2012, May 30). Open education and a study group approach to understanding it. PowerPoint presented at the SUNY Conference on Instruction and Technology (CIT), Stony Brook, NY.
June 4th, 2012 CDETG Meeting
Ogle, M., and Stone, K. (2012, June 4). Openness in higher education: Understanding the challenge and opportunity. PowerPoint presented at the Capital District Educational Technology Group (CDETG) meeting, Saratoga Springs, NY.