|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Hello||0||21:05, 18 April 2011|
|Hi||1||15:25, 11 March 2011|
|Hi Gabkon||1||12:34, 11 February 2011|
|Great||1||12:31, 11 February 2011|
|Zambian Tourism Link||1||18:53, 10 February 2011|
|Hi||0||13:04, 10 February 2011|
|Working with photos||0||12:31, 10 February 2011|
|Working with photos||0||12:21, 10 February 2011|
|Using WikiEducator||0||10:23, 9 February 2011|
|Congrats on your learning contract||1||08:35, 9 February 2011|
|Gabriel Konayuma||0||09:45, 8 February 2011|
|EL4C44||0||20:03, 7 February 2011|
Am just trying everyday to step up and thank God that my effort is not in vain. Thanks
Hi gabriel,am very impressed with the work you have done so far,hope to catch up and be where you ,great stuff indeed.
I love the Zambian Tourisim Link, you created in your User page. it will help us know more about Zambia and i think that's great.
--Shining Star 10:43, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
Congratulations on signing up your learning contract. I am yet to do that because I don't know which topic at to settle on for now. Cheers.--Kafuiaheto 06:54, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
--GabKon 09:45, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
1. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials?
My concerns are that since the authors maybe in a hurry to post educational resources without thorugh editing and peer review, issues of quality may arise. In addition, users of OERs may use materials without due acknowledgment leading at academic plagarism. However, an open authoring approach contributes to high quality learning materials as experts from various parts of the world can edit the materials and enrich the quality of the materials.
2. In your opinion, should closed or open authoring approaches be used in the development of learning resources for use in education? Give reasons for your view?
Open authoring approaches in development of learning resources should be used. This is because knowledge is not limited to a particular geographical area. Collaboration of experts worldwide leads to enriching knowledge sharing.
3. What mechanisms can be adopted to assure quality of educational content developed in wiki environments?
Some of the mechanisms that can be used include:
- Authors following Wiki environment authoring guidelines
- Ensuring truthfulness and academic honesty when posting materials
- Being open to learn new things from anyone.