|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
|Other roles:||research designer, poet, hiker|
Today is: 4, 10 2015
My name is Charmayne (Char) Paul and I am an Online Tutor:Mentor.
I help students across the globe to research; structure their writing and to critically/statistically analyse their projects. Proofreading is always included as well.
I have been an ESL conversation tutor for over 5 years. As a mentor I provide students with a point of contact for general study skill questions and make referrals where able.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology (Hons)from JCU, Cairns. I was a tutor and casual lecturer at my local uni for 2.5 years whilst undertaking my Masters in Research in Psychology. Became disillusioned with the lack of student focus as part of the teaching staff and left with only 3 months to go on my Masters.
Am considering an online post-grad degree to begin halfway through 2010 and will focus on education psychology.
I am currently completing my TESOL certificate online.
Edufire has been a platform for me to develop online class materials and to create pdfs of these to sell online. I am taking language courses at Edufire to better appreciate the cultures of students that use my services. As my business is now sustainable I am fortunate enough to be able to develop as a professional thorugh courses such as this and other online courses.
Assignments Complete WikiEd course ~:-)
Anglo-Australian who resides in tropical north Queensland. Works from home. Spends days learning, helping others with their learning, gardening, being driven crazy by my pet companions who want constant attention, and food ~:-)
Learning and contributing to the wider community, hiking, gardening, reading reading reading, discovering what crafts I am able to do so that I can recycle better.
Short story comp by 31st Oct NaNoWriMo 2009! Poetry workshops Coherent blog and membership page Finish veggie garden Learn 500 words and phrases of at least 5 languages by end of 2010
Ohhh... My Projects here for this workshop ~:-)
A wiki education page to support the 4th year psychology students undertake their first research project at my local uni. A distinct need for more support and basic understanding of stats was continuously stated by the students. 4th year does not have to be a drama~ unless your a lecturer who has lost their passion for student learning development (smile).
|Wiki Skills & Collaborative Learning |
Saturday, May 29, 2010
(: For the three links up here, kindly use a sub-page instead. Use a "/" before the name of the page. These pagews may be deleted by Administrators. --Victor P. K. Mensah 16:48, 2 November 2009 (UTC))
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Great start Char! thank you for sharing :-) If I can be of any help, please let me know. --Gladys Gahona C. 04:24, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Great to see you in the tutorial and to see your user page. Do you have any concerns about the quality of educational resources developed using an open authoring approach? If so, what are your concerns? If not, how does an open authoring approach contribute to high quality learning materials?--Phil Bartle 03:58, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- (: Dear Psitutor, welcome to the WikiEducator family. I am your WikiNeighbour and available to assist anytime. Kindly Edit this page and fill in the infobox with the details available. You may leave me a note anytime HERE--Victor P. K. Mensah 19:42, 18 June 2009 (UTC))
- Congratulations Char, you have been certified WikiApprentice 2! --Gladys Gahona C. 18:33, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Char for appreciating. Yah, I am teaching Educational Statistics. 13:51, 17 November 2009 Sanjay Kumar Pandagale
Welcome to eL4C31
- Hello and welcome to eL4C31, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: