My WikiEducator Motto
A mammoth noble undertaking, that transcends across borders, made possible by the vision and hardwork of a selected few. I want to be part of it. I'm in!
I have over 15 years extensive experience in Project Management (Electricity Industry) and Account Management (Telecommunication Industry), specialising in the following:
- Project Management – Project Initiation, Design, and Planning; Project Mapping and Tracking; Managing a team to achieve project objectives; Risk Analysis and Forecasting; Customer Relationship Management; Contract Management
- Account Management – Key Account Management; Staff Recruiting and Training; Contract and Proposal Development; Market Research; New Business Development
- Distance Education experience - Administration, Financial Management, Management of Learner Management System; Computerization of the Academic Structure
National Technical Diploma (Specialising in Heavy Current Electrical Systems) - Polytechnic of Namibia
Education Diploma Technical (Post Graduate) - University of Namibia
I love a wide range of sport. Rugby is my favourite sport and I am a staunch silver fern supporter. I've taken a liking to ice hockey supporting our local team the Vancouver Canucks. I love the physicality of the game and the speed at which it is played. Soccer(football in some circles) is a favourite of mine as well.
Reading is a priority. I like fact and fiction. I have been bitten by the photography bug. I reading up on photography magazines to upgrade my hardware. Hope to post some pictures in the near future.
I love the outdoors as well. Vancouver has beautiful sites all over. For bonding time with my wife a bicycle ride around Stanley Park is an absolute favourite of mine.
I love the Internet and the possibilities it offers for the betterment of situations in all spheres of life. I am smitten by new developments in technology and want to become part of this new wave called Wiki Educator. I hope to gain all the knowledge and skills from this training to be fully operational in WikiEducator.
Stay in touch with WikiEducator on Facebook link title
To do list
- House of War - James Carrol
- The World is Flat - Thomas Friedman link title
- The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown link title
- The Wiki concept is a collaboration between old ideas and information that is presented in such a way that responsible editing can take place to do the following:
- Add on to the understanding of relevant topics.
- Present new information challenging a existing topics.
- Present the latest developments.
- Allows for immediate access to reliable information.
- Just watched the online WikiEducator workshop that took place on July 17th, 2009. I'm impressed but the huge strides made by WikiEducator towards collaborative learning. The WiZiQ application is awesome. I am learning more each time I am engaging the WikiEducator website. There is a huge amount of information available on how to become and effective user of WikiEducator, and as a user it is my reponsibility aid this learning process. I hope to join the next online workshop.--Hylton 08:42, 10 November 2009 (UTC)
Wikispecies is run by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation, which operates several other multilingual and free-content projects:
| Learning Contract
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Thank you very much. Looking forward to do much more exploring with Wiki. I'm very excited!--Hylton Ferreira 06:43, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Wonderful!! Welcome to the WE Family. Lets know how we may be of assistance in this great journey. ~~Cheers. --Victor P. K. Mensah 17:14, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations Hylton, you have been certified WikiApprentice 1!--Gladys Gahona C. 22:57, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
Welcome to eL4C31
- Your facilitators: