|Employer:||The Academy of General Education, Manipal, India|
|Occupation:||Professor of English|
|Other roles:||Director, Centre for SRD; Founding Associate, Project Mind Foundation, Israel.|
|Country:||India, that is Bharat|
"Getting together is beginning. Staying together is progress. Working together is success." Rg-Veda.
I am Dr. Ramakrishnan Srinivasan(S.Ramakrishna Sharma), a 52 year old male Indian hailing from the state of Karnataka. I live in the coastal suburb of Suratkal about 18 kms from Mangalore. I have been teaching English as a second language since 1991 in a governement aided college managed by the Academy of General Education, Manipal, Karnataka. I hold Ph.D degree in English Literature (1998) and a Ph.D degree in Sanskrit (2007). I am multilingual and apart from English, I am proficient in Sanskrit, Hindi, Kannada, and Malayalam. As the Director of the Centre for Spiritual Resource Development (CSRD), I am involved in research studies in Traditional Disciplines such as Ayurveda, Yoga and Tantra. I am one of the founding members of the Project Mind Foundation for realizing Accelerated Thought (as constituted by David S. Devor, Israel).
I discovered the country page for India on WikiEducator and enlisted myself as a WikiAmbassador on 13 April 2008. The following day, I registered for an online Learning4Content workshop. My mission is to share with the world our rich heritage of India, that is Bharat, and this will help fulfill my vision of realizing global human identity as revealed in the living Vedic tradition. I believe that the wiki environment is conducive to achieving the ideals of being human globally.
Details of WE Promotion.
- Organized launching of WikiEducator India Team slogan and off line campaign of L4C Workshop on 5th Sept. 2008,on the occasion of Teachers Day at Sri JCBM (Jagatguru Chandrashekhara Bharati Memorial) College, Shringeri, Karnataka . More than 500 students and teachers attended the function. The Prayer Song also was released.(Photos:1,2,3.)
- Participated in the inaugural function of Chapter India Launch at New Delhi on 15-11-2008 as special invitee.(Photo:4)
Paper on WE in the UGC sponsored seminar in Karnataka
UGC Sponsored State Level Two Day Seminar on New Vistas in the Teaching-Learning of Communicative English was organized at Sri Mahaveera College, Moodbidri, Karnataka on 26-27th Sept. 2008. I have presented a Paper titled "Towards Greater Teacher Empowerment" in which he highlighted the relevant role of WikiEducator Community and it was well received.
"A computer literate, internet enabled teacher is better equipped to create nation-building generation" This slogan inspired me to create a WikiEducator related topic for the doctoral thesis titled ELT Specific Computer Literacy and Internet Enabling : A Study and Survey. The candidate, Sri Naveen( Thenavina ) has registered this title in Dravidian University, A.P., under my guideship.
|Global Citizen is one who has the awareness of being human globally and is called Vipra in Sanskrit.|
| Hindu Marriage is such an occasion in Bharat|
| A friend is called suhrit, meaning good hearted. Many are my such friends|
Lemon is called a magic fruit because it is a panacea for many an illness.
Contributions towards ODL and OER.
===List of The Cape Town Open Education Declaration.===Here:
Dr S Ramakrishna Sharma, Sri JCBM College, Sringeri (India) It is my (33 from the top) signature.
A click in time opens and saves a file; also enhances the profile.
Click to share;[]and share the click.
My WE Projects
- Research Studies
- Living_Heritage : Indian Calendar
- I have received UGC grant for Minor Research Project on Wiki related ELT Study and Survey
during the academic year 2009-10. The maximum period permitted is 18 months.
Other Resources and Activities
Recently, the former President of India, His Excellency Bharata Ratna Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam visited Sringeri, Karnataka. He inaugurated the Vijnana Utsav (Science Exhibition) in our college. During the occasion I presented a Capsule of Breakthrough Insights into Sanskrit as Research Tool to him. Indeed, Sanskrit ought to be declared as the National Heritage Language of India, that is Bharatam .
Interdisciplinary Studies and Research in Sanskrit
This spiritually rewarding pursuit was started academically in 1991. That was with the maiden Paper presentation on the topic "The Role of Fire in the Sacramental Rituals:Fire as a Metaphor."
My Online Presence
Beyond the product and performance is the Performer, the living conscious spiritual being. Expansion of consciousness through spiritual resources begins with Heritage Awareness.
This Group is an online initiative of CSRD.
"Heritage Awareness makes one an Enlightened Citizen."
India is not merely a geographical area. For those who have the cultural sensitivity and spiritual sensibility, India that is Bharatam reveals the inner spiritual land/mind/spirit/scape. And the scientific heritage of Bharatam belongs to the humankind. Be a global citizen by joining this group.
- http://groups.google.com/group/learning4content-workshops (VAADAh-at-WikiEducator)
[Many an article and resources are under preparation.]
- http://www.wikieducator.org/Bharat This page is opened to tell what Bharatam means and and to present her composite culture and rich heritage.
My last question: Hey teacher, are you a member of WikiEducators Forum in your region? If not, why don't you? If you don't have , why don't you start one?
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
India's Launch of a National Chapter
WikiEducator Promotional Video
<kaltura-widget kalturaid='251518' size='l' align='c'/>
What is OER?
Some of you might not yet have a clear understanding what Open Educational Resources means, so here is a presentation that you could find helpful:
(: You've made excellent progress so far. Well done. You need to practice bullets and numbered lists, image placements and captions with images. Keep up the good work! --Wayne Mackintosh 17:16, 5 May 2008 (UTC))
Notes from my Wikineighbours
- Hello Ramakrishna and welcome to our workshop! I hope we can assist in you becoming a Wikibuddy and beyond. I look forward to seeing future contributions in WE! --Benjamin Stewart 03:24, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to eL4C45
- Hello and welcome to eL4C45, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop!
- Your facilitators:
- Hi,am your wikineighbour. Congratulations for being the featured user for April,2009.----Yanubha 18:20, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Namaste Dr.Ramakrishnan, you asked me whom do i shine after .....may be am the halo you see in your god's image,the Tej aur Aabha.--Yanubha 08:05, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome, your page is already a good example for many, thank you for joining--Nadia El Borai 04:04, 22 September 2010 (UTC)