A few thoughts on the peer evaluation proposal.
9. Rather than random assignment (which might be problematic with course dropout rates) an alternative might be a karma system:
- that values being among the first n people to evaluate a submission (to reduce the chance of some submissions being reviewed at all)
- that reduces the karma earned for
- each review you do of a particular peer (reduces grading your friends)
- each review you do of a particular assignment (discourages someone trying to review everyone)