Talk:Travel and Tourism
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Email template||0||01:07, 26 August 2010|
|Development meeting - 19 August 2010||0||01:47, 19 August 2010|
|Add on||0||04:38, 9 November 2008|
|Development meeting 6 November 2008||0||02:26, 6 November 2008|
|Development meeting 16 April 2008||2||08:18, 4 June 2008|
|Introduction||0||08:19, 26 February 2008|
Present: Hillary and Lynn
Aim: To write a schedule for our development requirements
Year One[edit | edit source]
Populate - each of the Day in the life of
- Travel Agent
- Conference & Events
- Tour Guide
- update the wiki
Do we want to use a blog - will we use the blog???
Use the same formula as year 2 papers
- populate the wiki
- redo combined assessment and send away for pre-moderation (new info to go into it)
- blog - do we want to use it - will we??
- change formate - put information in
- reformate - Knowledge of Interpretation page - or remove it
- keep blog update as it is linked with OP website
Year 2[edit | edit source]
- Sales & Marketing
Lynn - most of this (50 hrs) Moderation
Timeline - early December 2010
- Sustainable Tourism
Hillary - most of this (40)
Timeline - early December
- Destination (Generic)
Kevin - using old destination books (UK), (Australia), (Pacific Islands), (USA & Canada) Incorporate World Geography 25508 - use resources from Dip in International Tourism - Geography)
- Powerpoints ?
Both put on wiki (Hillary & Lynn)
- Leigh apply the standard to the Tour Guiding course (by 15 November)
- Programme Page
- Course page - outline, objectives, schedule and support
- Activities pages and an RSS resource page
- Hillary to learn Del.icio.us (by 15 November)
- Hillary to find out about a programme marketing budget (by 15 November)
- Susan to go through old slide presentations and apply new OP template (start 10 November and within 5 hours)
- Hillary to provide Susan with slide presentations that are ready. (Properly attributed and referenced). Hillary also to provide Susan with department template as supplied by Marketing.
- Hillary to indicate order of priority for slides to be changed to new template
- Susan to change as many slide presentations to the new template as possible, based on allocated 5 hours
- Hillary and Kevin will clean up Destination and NZ and World Geography series (start 17 November)
- Hillary to provide Susan with ready slide presentations with order of priority for development.
- Susan to produce video versions of the Destination and NZ and World Geography series presentations (start 24 November and within 10 hours)
- Susan to record audio for Destination and NZ and World Geography series one presentation at a time.
- Susan will generate a video version of the presentation according to open standards best practice and provide Hillary with a finished video for each presentation, as well as supporting source media folder.
- Susan to work on one presentation at a time and achieve as many finished videos as possible in the allocated 10 hours
Hillary, Susan, Leigh.
Susan will go through Hillary's slides in Slidshare.net to check copyrights, attributions, and references.
Hillary to investigate Slidecast (audio to slideshare). Audio files to Blip.tv
Carnegie College in Scotland, Programme Coordinator Trudy Duff has contacted the Tour Guiding course's old blog. Hillary has made contact and will explore the offer for collaboration.
Susan to finish Wikieducator tutorials by this week end. Leigh to explain the development structure and process to Susan next week.
Leigh to create a schedule sub page for each course by end of next week.
Susan to assist Hillary in the initial development of Tourism work based research project.
Next meeting Wednesday 23rd at 1pm.
Leigh Has created the schedule subpages and made unit pages consistent with one another. You need to continue with further editions.
Under Tourism Enterprises please fix the link to the blog - it should not be going to Tour Guiding but Tourism Enterprises.
Create a new template for slideshare use.
Susan - has checked references some don't have any attribution and some of the text references are in complete.
Hillary - I will fix the pictures because they were taken by a previous staff member if Susan can complete the references.
Provide Susan with a level descriptor. Clarified that the material she was seeking was for course development. Susan also needs specialty descriptors - although they are in the wiki. Any resources gathered will be put into the Reception Services Resources area (labelled) until they can be moved into the correct area.
I have looked at audio to slideshare and will use it but in more sophisticated form. Will look at Blip.TV further. Susan suggested to renew my interest in the powerpoints we make them more interactive eg. hyperlinks, to text and activities.
Susan - to order Contemporary Tourism book (new to library) and will send a research literature form (audio and multi-media) which she will send to me and I will fill in key word search. Can include material for research work based specialty.
Reply from Trudi in Scotland That said, next year there will probably be a unit about local tourism/Scottish Tourism product. What I would love is to see whether I can find a similar college in a very different part of the world, and set up a couple of BLOGs or a WIKI where the students could exchange local tourism knowledge. It would focus their efforts to gain knowledge if they knew they were going to share it with others. At the same time, if they know the others are students too, it is not threatening.
I would appreciate you sending me a line if you think this is something you would like to co-operate with.
Leigh - I will send a reply back to Trudi saying we would love to cooperate - can you come up with some ideas about the best way for us to do this. (much appreciated)
Meeting June 4th - Wiki Format[edit | edit source]
Hey Leigh and Susan just a quick summary of our meeting.
We discussed wiki format - changes, editions, navigation issues.
- Leigh will you take a look at Adventure Tourism so that activities etc can be placed in it. There are also the activities under Tour Guiding - "Podcast" and "google maps and compass" activity which need to be removed and put into Adventure Tourism.
- Think about Melbourne Conference and send me an email regarding consulting with personal trainer (blog)
- Susan - make an apppointment with me for next week to look at putting mp3 recordings into wiki and blog - but learning to edit them first. Can you show Lynn where the tutorials for the wiki are - so that she can start them.
- Hillary - note where any changes need to be made for next meeting. Fill out course schedule for Tour Guiding. Get moving on Adventure Tourism and Work based project. Start blogging lessons with Nicky and Lynn.
Thanks everyone lets meet again week of June 18.