Talk:Travel and Tourism

From WikiEducator
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Thread titleRepliesLast modified
Email template001:07, 26 August 2010
Development meeting - 19 August 2010001:47, 19 August 2010
Add on004:38, 9 November 2008
Development meeting 6 November 2008002:26, 6 November 2008
Development meeting 16 April 2008208:18, 4 June 2008
Introduction008:19, 26 February 2008

Development meeting - 19 August 2010

Present: Hillary and Lynn

Aim: To write a schedule for our development requirements

Year One[edit | edit source]

Populate - each of the Day in the life of

  • Tourist
  • Travel Agent
  • Conference & Events
  • Tour Guide


Hospitality

  • update the wiki

Do we want to use a blog - will we use the blog???

Use the same formula as year 2 papers


Travel

  • populate the wiki
  • redo combined assessment and send away for pre-moderation (new info to go into it)
  • blog - do we want to use it - will we??


Tour Guiding

  • change formate - put information in
  • reformate - Knowledge of Interpretation page - or remove it
  • keep blog update as it is linked with OP website

Year 2[edit | edit source]

Develop following:

  • Sales & Marketing

Lynn - most of this (50 hrs) Moderation

Timeline - early December 2010


  • Sustainable Tourism

Hillary - most of this (40)

Timeline - early December


  • Destination (Generic)

Kevin - using old destination books (UK), (Australia), (Pacific Islands), (USA & Canada) Incorporate World Geography 25508 - use resources from Dip in International Tourism - Geography)

  • Powerpoints ?

Both put on wiki (Hillary & Lynn)

Hillarypjenkins (talk)01:47, 19 August 2010

Just an add onto the previous meeting.

Susan - to archive 2008 blog postings (once they are completed)

Hillarypjenkins (talk)04:38, 9 November 2008

Development meeting 6 November 2008

To do:

  • Leigh apply the standard to the Tour Guiding course (by 15 November)
  1. Programme Page
  2. Course page - outline, objectives, schedule and support
  3. Activities pages and an RSS resource page
  • Hillary to learn Del.icio.us (by 15 November)
  • Hillary to find out about a programme marketing budget (by 15 November)
  • Susan to go through old slide presentations and apply new OP template (start 10 November and within 5 hours)
  1. Hillary to provide Susan with slide presentations that are ready. (Properly attributed and referenced). Hillary also to provide Susan with department template as supplied by Marketing.
  2. Hillary to indicate order of priority for slides to be changed to new template
  3. Susan to change as many slide presentations to the new template as possible, based on allocated 5 hours
  • Hillary and Kevin will clean up Destination and NZ and World Geography series (start 17 November)
  • Hillary to provide Susan with ready slide presentations with order of priority for development.
  • Susan to produce video versions of the Destination and NZ and World Geography series presentations (start 24 November and within 10 hours)
  1. Susan to record audio for Destination and NZ and World Geography series one presentation at a time.
  2. Susan will generate a video version of the presentation according to open standards best practice and provide Hillary with a finished video for each presentation, as well as supporting source media folder.
  3. Susan to work on one presentation at a time and achieve as many finished videos as possible in the allocated 10 hours
Leighblackall (talk)01:30, 6 November 2008

Development meeting 16 April 2008

Hillary, Susan, Leigh.

Susan will go through Hillary's slides in Slidshare.net to check copyrights, attributions, and references.

Hillary to investigate Slidecast (audio to slideshare). Audio files to Blip.tv

Over the next 2 months. Susan to assist in resource libraries collections for Tourism Enterprises, Reception Services, Travel Operations.

Carnegie College in Scotland, Programme Coordinator Trudy Duff has contacted the Tour Guiding course's old blog. Hillary has made contact and will explore the offer for collaboration.

Susan to finish Wikieducator tutorials by this week end. Leigh to explain the development structure and process to Susan next week.

Leigh to create a schedule sub page for each course by end of next week.

Nicki and Hillary are going to finish Tour Guiding and Adventure Tourism. TG is up for auditing. AT is only starting to be developed. Deadline mid July.

Susan to assist Hillary in the initial development of Tourism work based research project.

Next meeting Wednesday 23rd at 1pm.

Leighblackall (talk)02:20, 16 April 2008

Leigh Has created the schedule subpages and made unit pages consistent with one another. You need to continue with further editions.

Under Tourism Enterprises please fix the link to the blog - it should not be going to Tour Guiding but Tourism Enterprises.

Create a new template for slideshare use.

Susan - has checked references some don't have any attribution and some of the text references are in complete.

Hillary - I will fix the pictures because they were taken by a previous staff member if Susan can complete the references.

Provide Susan with a level descriptor. Clarified that the material she was seeking was for course development. Susan also needs specialty descriptors - although they are in the wiki. Any resources gathered will be put into the Reception Services Resources area (labelled) until they can be moved into the correct area.

I have looked at audio to slideshare and will use it but in more sophisticated form. Will look at Blip.TV further. Susan suggested to renew my interest in the powerpoints we make them more interactive eg. hyperlinks, to text and activities.

Susan - to order Contemporary Tourism book (new to library) and will send a research literature form (audio and multi-media) which she will send to me and I will fill in key word search. Can include material for research work based specialty.


Reply from Trudi in Scotland That said, next year there will probably be a unit about local tourism/Scottish Tourism product. What I would love is to see whether I can find a similar college in a very different part of the world, and set up a couple of BLOGs or a WIKI where the students could exchange local tourism knowledge. It would focus their efforts to gain knowledge if they knew they were going to share it with others. At the same time, if they know the others are students too, it is not threatening.

I would appreciate you sending me a line if you think this is something you would like to co-operate with.

Leigh - I will send a reply back to Trudi saying we would love to cooperate - can you come up with some ideas about the best way for us to do this. (much appreciated)

Hillarypjenkins (talk)02:04, 23 April 2008
 

Meeting June 4th - Wiki Format[edit | edit source]

Hey Leigh and Susan just a quick summary of our meeting.

We discussed wiki format - changes, editions, navigation issues.

Outcome

  • Leigh will you take a look at Adventure Tourism so that activities etc can be placed in it. There are also the activities under Tour Guiding - "Podcast" and "google maps and compass" activity which need to be removed and put into Adventure Tourism.
  • Think about Melbourne Conference and send me an email regarding consulting with personal trainer (blog)
  • Susan - make an apppointment with me for next week to look at putting mp3 recordings into wiki and blog - but learning to edit them first. Can you show Lynn where the tutorials for the wiki are - so that she can start them.
  • Hillary - note where any changes need to be made for next meeting. Fill out course schedule for Tour Guiding. Get moving on Adventure Tourism and Work based project. Start blogging lessons with Nicky and Lynn.

Thanks everyone lets meet again week of June 18.

Hillarypjenkins (talk)08:15, 4 June 2008
 

Introduction

If you would like know more about the programme or think you would like to participate in the future please introduce yourself and let us know what information you would like. If you have a blog please include the url.

Hillarypjenkins (talk)08:19, 26 February 2008