- 1 Frequently-Asked Questions
- 2 Monetization
- 3 Where do we start?
- 4 What is the opportunity with the OER Foundation / WikiEducator?
How can the 3-Os support competency develoment?
An online learning community designed with the 3-Os in mind, can support competencies such as: motivation; decision-making/judgment; communication; relationships; teamwork; coaching; strategy; change management; business applications and more.
What are possible deliverables / outputs?
- a high performing and scalable learning community, distributed across time and geographic boundaries, powered by user demand and participation.
- WikiEducator's Skills Development Framework and Apprenticeship Certification
- Development of quality open educational materials and resources (OERs) (i.e., print, audio, video)
- unlimited access to free, easy-to-use, open-source Wiki-platform for participants and faculty to collaboratively develop the programme and materials;
- Rapid customization of open educational materials / OERs for quality experience
- Development of Change / Transition Approaches for increasing stakeholder engagement; anticipating resistance; designing and evaluating interventions to increase performance; and, communicating results
- Body of Knowledge (BOK) Refined: through ongoing use, input and feedback by members of the values-based WikiEducator Learning Community.
- Multiple training formats: 10-day, 5-day, 1-day, 1/2 day, 2 hours, 1 hour, 17 minutes
- Multiple learning communities formed: by training / course date, language, context, organization, area of interest
- Multiple versions of education materials: different languages, contexts, customizations
- Multiple learning / facilitation formats: Face-to-Face, Asynchronous, Synchronous, Blended Learning
- High levels of project collaboration and time spent on website
Can you provide an example of Terms of Reference?
Yes. Please see Building Sustainable Projects, Communities and Networks
Are analytic, reporting and communications available?
Can curriculum/materials development, online publishing and certification be monetized?
Yes. A Learning Community may create and / or enhance a curriculum, learning material, audio or video which could be translated, contextualized and adapted in another format for a specific culture, grade level, etc.
Would fee for service consulting be possible?
Yes. Consulting services include, but are not limited to: program / course design; mentoring; coaching; facilitation; instructional design; monitoring and evaluation and technical implementation.
What about on-demand publishing?
Yes. There is the flexibility to provide on-demand, up-to-date, low-cost publishing options (for companion texts)
Where do we start?
We recommend starting with a Learning Community needs analysis.
Is a certification option possible?
An association or 3rd party could charge a fee to take preparatory courses and for certification. The certification could professionalize its members, set a 'standard', and increase the (international / national / sectoral) credibility of the Association. See the [http://www.pmi.org Project Management Institute's See the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation as an example.
What is the opportunity with the OER Foundation / WikiEducator?
As the umbrella organization for WikiEducator, the International Centre for Open Education (OER) Foundation provides a global reach and international marketing, outreach, advocacy and communications opportunities.