Bullets and numbered lists
|Obsolete WikiEducator Rich Text Editor Tutorials (this editor is no longer in use)
|Introduction | Creating a sandbox | Bold, Italics & Headings | Bullets and Numbered Lists |   | Summary & FAQs
There are two types of lists that can be created easily in the wiki. The first is a bulleted list (sometimes called an unordered list), and the other is a numbered list. The rich editor toolbar includes buttons to create these lists:
In short, bulleted lists are created by clicking the bulleted list button (shown above) and numbered lists are created by clicking the numbered list button.
- Create the first item in a list by clicking on the list button, which inserts a list function.
- If you click the button at the start of a line in the editing window, you create a blank item where text must be entered.
- If you click the button when the cursor is in a line of text, you create a new item with the line of text as the item.
- Add additional items in the list using the enter key.
- End a list (and return to normal text mode) by clicking on the list button, which removes the list function.