VirtualMV/Internet and Web/Risk Management/Content
By the end of this page you will be able to:
Risks associated with e-business that might lead to lost opportunities and frustrated customers cover areas such as:
- E.g. the website is inaccessible for a few days or is too slow, leading to lost opportunities and frustrated customers
- financial – e.g. the database used to support your e-business costs too much to maintain
- E.g. your use of a list of email addresses breaks privacy laws.
- business – e.g. if you sell products directly to customers on your website, how this will affect your relationship with your re-sellers
- personnel issues – eg what happens if the only person in the business who really understands your website resigns
- Can the site be built on time.