11. Final Projects
- For the Final Project, you will be working collaboratively in small groups to research and present lists of reviewed resources for CIS2 topics. Working collaboratively online is challenging. This project is intended to give you an opportunity to use skills and technology to work through the process to produce a web-delivered presentation.
- review course topics and significant resources
- experience online collaborative writing
- complete collaborative tasks with deadlines
- How is online collaboration different from in-class group work?
- What are some of the ways to improve communication within the group?
- What are some of the ways that online group work can get off track?
- What are the benefits of online collaboration?
For this Module, there are TWO required projects due on the same date - 11. Group Projects Due date.
- Individual project - a public Google docs page that lists your personal selections for the "best" resources for the course. List 2 or more media resource selections (link and brief description) for each of 10 topics. Submit the link to your Individual Project to Individual Project assignment, Individual Project discussion and your project group discussion.
- Group project - together in your small project group (your discussion group) - ONE public Google docs page that lists the group selections for the "best" resources for the course.
Group COLLABORATION - As a group, review the individual lists and determine the two "best" resources for each of 10 topics selected by the group through discussion and prepare the Group list Google doc with links and summaries for each selection. Post the link to your Group list to your group discussion topic.
GROUP Project submission - when the project is complete, one person post a link to the project in the 12. Peer Review - Peer review and feedback discussion.
ALL Individual Projects AND Group Projects must be completed. The Google docs pages must be SHARED - Anyone on the internet with this link can view. Submit only the document links.
Some students have requested more detailed instructions about the projects and how to complete the work. Some just find this confusing. Let me know if this is necessary and helpful. email@example.com
Create your own summary report of resource selections and descriptions. Start by creating your Individual Project list. The template is view only. Project template
- To make your own copy that you can edit, from the Google doc menu, select Make a copy of the Project template. - under the Google File menu near top of the list.
This is a shared document so you should be able to view it and access the File menu and Make a copy option without any sign-on. General access - Anyone on the internet with the link can view.
This is your project, for your benefit. This is your personal summary of the course. Use your own work, your own comments on provided selected media, links provided by other students with your own comments, and/or original research you do now for this project. Resources referenced can be articles or media - your choice.
- On your own Individual Project, list all your individual selections. For each of the ten (10) topics in the course, provide links to resources that have been useful for understanding and advancing your knowledge of the course topic.
- Note the source of each - Selected Media list, discussions, new searches.
- Include a description of why you selected each resource. How does it relate to the module topic? What did it get you thinking about? What questions did it answer for you? Did it start an interesting discussion? Is it something that everyone needs to know? Did it make you smile? 2-3 sentences maximum.
- Of the 2 or more you selected for each topic, indicate the one that you think was the BEST for this topic.
- The Google docs pages must be SHARED - Anyone on the internet with this link can view. Submit only the document link. Copy link button lower left on the Share dialog box.
- Submit a link to your list in your Individual Project to the Individual Project assignment.
- Post a link to your Individual list with your selections to your project Group discussion. Review the work of others in your group.
- Post a link to your Individual list document in the Individual Project discussion in the module discussions. Look through some of the Individual lists from others not in your group.
Group work - Collaboration
Project Groups - Your Project Groups Discussions group in Canvas is your group for this project. Start working on the Project now. Make contact using the Project discussion and work out a plan for the project. Put final Group Projects lists in the CIS2 Group Projects discussion.
- Work with your group to set deadlines for completing individual lists, reviewing the lists of others in your group, discussing and selecting resources for the "group list", formatting and publishing the group list.
- Some of the students listed in your group may not be actively participating for various reasons. Have a plan for getting the group project completed on time without them. This happens. You are graded on your participation only.
As a group, from the all individual lists from the group, pick the two (2) "best" resource for each of the ten (10) course topics, and describe the criteria for selecting from your combined lists for each of the topics. Use the Group template - view only. Make a copy. Record your group selections.
Project discussions - as a group, decide how you will communicate and collaborate. Your group can use the Canvas group discussion that you have been using throughout the course. Or you can use an outside discussion application - many groups use Discord if someone in the groups sets it up. NOTE: It is important that everyone in the group knows what you decide.
- In the Projects discussion, post all your group discussions as replies to your project Group discussion. This is a good way to keep the group communications organized and available to all. Review the resources lists and descriptions and comment in your group, adding your thoughts about the selections and provide feedback to improve or enhance the Group Project page content for your group.
- Group Projects page - Your group's project document is created as a collaboration. In your group's project document, include all the best links and a description for how the "best" ones were chosen. Work out how you will select the Group list selections and add these selections and descriptions to the Group Project page for your group. The Group Project page should be neatly and consistently formatted.
- Make sure that your information is correct, links work, descriptions are college-level writing.
- When the group project page is ready for Peer Review, one person in the group posts a link to the Group Project document in 12. Peer Review module to the Peer review and feedback discussion topic for the group.
Failed to load RSS feed from http://www.diigo.com/rss/user/vtaylor/groups: Error parsing XML for RSS
- 2013.09 440 . 2015.6 1028 . 2016.6 3057 . 2018.5 5677 . 2021.12 10993