User:Vtaylor/Community Service Learning/Community service learning Project Proposal and Summary
- proposal - submit to the assignment in the CIS 2 course
- summary and analysis - complete the "quiz" in the CIS 2 course
Complete the general information and Proposal section for review BEFORE beginning your Community Service Learning project work. Submit as Community Service Learning Proposal assignment in Topic 5.
The idea here is to think about what you are going to contribute and how this is relevant to the course. You are demonstrating that you know what you are going to be doing and why this is important.
While your proposal does not need to be very long, it does need to be complete, so when it is reviewed all the information about your project outline is in one place.
Brief outline describing your service to the organization and how it relates to the course topics
- Organization - name, web site link
- Volunteer information, help contact
- Brief outline of the organization, its mission
- How did you select this project?
- Who benefits from the work of this organization?
- What service will you be providing?
- Is training or preparation necessary / available?
- How does the organization and the community service learning experience addressing your interests or concerns for society?
- How does this community service learning work relate to the course?
- Select community organization
- Complete all required hours - 6 hours
- Maintain a timesheet - hours with dates and times, work done, achievments, results
- Take notes
- Discuss placement matters with the instructor if necessary
Project summary and service learning analysis
All project options...
Once you have performed your community service learning project work, summarize the project and answer the project analysis questions to address community needs and service learning connections with the course. Submit as Community Service Learning Summary quiz in Topic 5.
- What specific work did you do?
- service learning activities - your responsibilities, dates, number of hours including time for training and preparation
- service learning connection to course topics - how does this apply to the course
- Were there deliverables?
- What should an other volunteer know that would help them?
- How can the community / organization use students working on community service learning projects more effectively?
- benefit of service learning to organization
- if applicable, organization feedback - Has the volunteer supervisor reviewed this overview? Did she/he have suggestions for you or other students participating in community service learning projects?
As this is a new program, we are looking for suggestions that can be used to streamline the process to accommodate many more students participating in Community Service Learning Projects.
Let me know if you have any questions about these requirements.