CIS89A - 9. Web Design and Deployment
Web Design and Deployment
- Knowing how to code HTML and CSS are just the beginning. Putting these together to produce a functional and attractive web site are the next step. There are many factors to consider when designing and deploying a site.
- understand usability
- follow design guidelines
- understand the design process
- transfer files to a web server
- understand search optimization
- usability, audience, FTP
- cis89design * head title keywords description * comments in html and css * lists link table * css fluid layout * scalable images * viewport
- Review the Keywords and Reading guide questions at the top of this page. These will help you look for important ideas in the rest of assignments for this module.
- Read chapters 17. How to design a website and 18. How to deploy a website on a web server .
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Being "found" and listed in search results is an important part of publicizing your site. The elements in head section of the page is used for this. More than just Google, there are Baidu, Bing, and Yahoo! and others. Find an article that gives a good overview or specific advice about using these elements effectively. Post a brief summary and a link to the article in the Search Engine Optimization discussion.
- Internet of Things (IoT) - The next big thing is the Internet of Things. The articles listed in the Media section provide a great overview with lots of interesting examples in a broad range of categories. Take a look. What do you think? What is one example that is a surprise but you would like to see? Post the name and ONE sentence about your selection to the Internet of Things discussion. Conclude your post with a question. Reply to 2 others and concluded your replies with questions.
- Revisit basics - In a new project, use all the elements, attributes and properties within your page. Include some descriptive information so the viewer knows what is being demonstrated within your page. Also, use comments in your HTML code to indicate what you are doing. Publish your project file.
- Submit the link to your project to the Revisit basics assignment.
- Post a link to your project and any comments or questions about the assignment to the Revisit basics discussion.
- Review the work of 2 others - the page display and the source code. Post a note with links to those projects, and a brief description of your observations - anything that you learned from looking at these? Any ideas you have for using in your own work in the future? Post to the Revisit basics discussion.
- Success Skills - Solve it - There are many tools available on the web to help with problem solving skills development and practice. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making are the primary focus of the articles provided. Review 2-3 articles from Success skills Solve it. Find another similar article that your would recommend be added to the list. Post a link and a brief summary of 1 to the Success Skills - Solve it discussion.
- Phishing - Do you think you know an email scam when you see one? Take this quiz and see if you can tell the real corporate emails to customers from the phishing scams. I got 7 out of 10 right. I missed 1 scam but I would have ignored two real requests from companies I do business with.
- eCommerce - Some of the "best" examples of web site design are the sites that sell stuff. Find a site that sells products or services online. Think about why the customer visits this site. How does the site design help the customer buy from the site? Post a link to a commercial web site with a brief description of what makes this a successful (or not) web design to the eCommerce site design discussion. Keep the description short - 2-3 sentences.
- chapters 17. How to design a website and 18, How to deploy a website on a web server
- Text Fixer - tutorials, code creator
- 27 People Share The One Cool Internet Or Computer Trick They Know - these suggestions are not something you are going to use everyday, but it is interesting that you can do this
Internet of Things
- Internet of Things - such as environmental monitoring
- The Internet of Things Will Thrive by 2025 - Many experts say the rise of embedded and wearable computing will bring the next revolution in digital technology.
- Internet of Things - Examples - great overview with lots of interesting examples in a broad range of categories.
- The Internet of Things - More objects are becoming embedded with sensors and gaining the ability to communicate. The resulting information networks promise to create new business models, improve business processes, and reduce costs and risks.
- The World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In The Internet Of Things - range of companies and products from tech giants Intel to consumer Nest
- Internet of Things - machines and everyday objects are connected via the Internet. Within the IoT, devices are controlled and monitored remotely and usually wirelessly. IDC predicts that the IoT will include 212 billion things globally by the end of 2020.
- question set. memory game. interactive video. flashcards. mark the words. multiple choice. drag and drop.
- Markup Validation Service Check the markup (HTML, XHTML, …) of Web documents. This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.
- Ultimate solution for digital marketing and affiliate marketing research, PublicWWW allow you to perform searches this way, something that is not possible with other regular search engines: "<...
- HTML5 sites and their underlying markup. In this post, I’ll show you some of the mistakes and poor markup practices I often see and explain how to avoid them. <section> is not a wrapper. Th...
- New Features in HTML5
- W3 HTML5 differences - official W3 document but very hard to read
- Beautiful HTML5 Websites - links to examples
- What Beautiful HTML Code Looks Like - looks at each line of HTML code on the sample web page, and describes the good points
- 5 Ravishing Must Know HTML5 Features - in addition to this article, the Web Developer Juice site has lots of ideas and suggestions for developers
- HTML5Pattern is a source of regularly used Input-Patterns.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
- metadata?While not a visual element on a page, its metadata—page titles and meta descriptions—shapes how your content is perceived. Web writers create metadata to summarize a webpage’s conten...
- What makes a website good will also give it a high SERP rank, but overly tricky search engine optimization can undermine the user experience.At first glance, search engine optimization (SEO) and us...
- With social media growing at warp speed, it is becoming an unavoidable part of SEO, especially because it is made up of real people. After content, social media can be seen as an integral factor in...
- relevance, authority, and trust are the three key components of high-quality, successful content. Once you can demonstrate your authority in a particular niche, your chances of ranking favorably on...
2016.3 2540 . 2018.3 5131