|Employer:||University of Mauritius|
|Occupation:||Senior Lecturer in Medicine|
I have trained in Medicine and worked in hospitals in the United Kingdom and in Mauritius for 10 years. I then moved to academia, teaching in a BSc (Hons) Medical Science course, doing research and publishing papers and doing consultancy work. In this period, I had the opportunity of acquiring administrative experience in many instances.
I work at the University of Mauritius. University of Mauritius
I have trained in Northern Ireland and in the North of England.
I am interested in the epidemiology of infectious diseases,in behavioural change, in the use of e-Health. In recent years I have been interested in the use of technology in Education.
I like reading, gardening, doing DIY.I am passionate about green issues and about recycling.
This workshop has reminded me that learning is hard work.
Reflecting on what is a wiki. It is like a lego game where different new structures can be constructed from individual parts. However the game is free as all participants bring different components of the game and share with the others. The end result is enjoyed by all. The end product is always in a state of dynamic construction, deconstruction and reconstruction with new inputs from new participants.
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- A wonderful start Smita! If you need some help, please let me know. --Gladys Gahona C. 04:01, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- WELCOME to the WikiEducator family. Enjoy every moment. We are here to help. --Victor P. K. Mensah 15:32, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations, you have been certified WikiBuddy! --Gladys Gahona C. 17:34, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Smita! Nice page and congratulations for being certified a WikiBuddy!--Soobhadrah Bokhoree 17:23, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- thank you for reminding me that e-learning is hard work. my housemate is mauritian ~:-)
Welcome to eL4C31
- Hello and welcome to eL4C31, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: