1. Director, Centre for Flexible & Distance Learning, The University of the South Pacific, Fiji. (January 2010-continuing)
2. Director, Staff Training & Research Institute (STRIDE), Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (2005-2008)
3. Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland , USA & University of Oldenburg, Germany (Online Masters Program).(2007-2008)
4. Visiting Professor, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. (June 2005)
5. Director, Inter-University Consortium for Technology-Enabled Education (IUC-TEFED), Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (2004-2007)
6. Visiting Professor, University of London, UK & Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. (March 2004-April 2004)
7. Visiting Professor, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA. (January 2003-June 2003)
8. Director, Staff Training & Research Institute (STRIDE), Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (1997-2000)
9. Professor of Distance Education, Staff Training & Research Institute (STRIDE), Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (1997-continuing)
10. Director, Higher Education Policy & Research, Association of Indian Universities, India. (1994-1997)
11. Associate Professor, Staff Training & Research Institute (STRIDE), Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (1991-1994)
12. Senior Lecturer (Instructional Design), Division of Distance Education, Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (1989-1991)
13. Lecturer (Instructional Design), Division of Distance Education, Indira Gandhi National Open University, India. (1987-1989)
14. Lecturer in Education, Faculty of Education, Kurukshetra University, India. (1984-1987)
15. Project Officer, Centre for Adult & Continuing Education, Kurukshetra University, India. (March 1984-November 1984)
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, USA Certificate in Online Teaching 2007
INSTUTUTE OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION & UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO, USA Fulbright Post-Doctoral Research (Senior Fulbright Scholar) 2003 (Constructivist Online Professional Development of Teacher Educators)
BBC & OPEN UNIVERSITY, UK Certificate in Educational Television 1989 (Television for Education & Development)
KURUKSHETRA UNIVERSITY, HARYANA, INDIA Ph.D.(Education) 1984 (Social Psychology of Education; Culture and Education) M.Phil.(Education) 1981 (University gold medal for standing first) (Educational Technology; Comparative & International Education; Educational Research; Educational Psychology) M.A. (Education) 1980 (University gold medal for standing first) (Economics of Education & Educational Planning; Research Methods; Comparative & International Education; Educational Evaluation)
UTKAL UNIVERSITY, ORISSA, INDIA B.A. (Economics Honors) 1978 (Economic Theory; Micro Economics; International Economics; Education; English) I.A. (Intermediate in Arts) 1976 (Education, English, Oriya, , Economics, Political Science)
General Secretary, College Education Society College Student Volunteer, National Service Scheme of Government of India.
Areas of Work/ Specialisation
Distance Learning, Online Learning, Blended Learning, Lifelong Learning; Higher Education Research & Development (teaching-learning, management, cost- effectiveness, performance evaluation, quality assurance, accreditation); Educational Technology, & Technology Policy; Instructional Design and Curriculum Development; Staff Training and Continuing Professional Development; Adult & Continuing Education; Teacher Education; Open Schooling & Open Basic Education; System Development and Program Evaluation.
• Life Member, International Council for Educational Development, UK. • Member, International Council for Educational Media, Germany. • Life Member, All India Association for Educational Research, India. • Life Member, All India Association for Educational Technology, India. • Life Member, Indian Distance Education Association, India. • Founder, Network for Staff and Educational Development, India (the national member of International Council for Educational Development, UK).
Notes and Feedback from my Wiki Neighbours
All the following are in your tutorials, but I put them here for you as a kind of learning shortcut. Earlier posts on bottom, later ones on top.
- Here is another tip. Uploading Pictures. You have a picture on your computer. You want to put it onto a page you are editing. Remember where it is and what it is called on your computer. On your page, in edit mode, you name the file by whatever name you want to call it. Do not use a generic name like "My_picture" or it will get easily mixed up on the WikiEd site. Best is to put your name in the file name you choose. Make sure the extension is one of the many Wiki can handle, like gif, png or jpg. Put it inside two sets of square brackets. At the beginning, type in the word image followed by a colon followed by your image file name. Then save and that puts your page into publishing mode, and you have a web page again. The image file name should appear in red, indicating that it has not been used already. Click on it and a new page will appear that has easy instructions abut uploading the file from your computer. Do it. The image gets its own page. When you see it, go to the bottom of that image page; click on your page name and there it will be.--Phil Bartle 13:12, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Another tip is to borrow from your Wiki neighbours. Browse around other User pages. If there is anything you like, just copy it and paste it in to your user page. Make any modification you need, and there you are. --Phil Bartle 03:15, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- If you have not seen it yet, I recommend that you look at the youtube video clip on Wikis. In WikiEd, as in the video, the most important buttons are edit and save. A third button, Link, is not quite the same on WikiEd. To make a sub page, in edit mode, you simply give it a name. put forward slashes around it, then two square brackets in front and after the result. When you save, the word will be in red. Click on it and it will tell you there is no such page. As soon as you start editing, the sub page is created. --Phil Bartle 03:05, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Santosh! Nice to know you! --Teromakotero 19:41, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
(: hi santosh, if u find any difficulty, i would be happy to help u. Kindly ask on my userpage. --Vinodpr111 15:41, 24 April 2010 (UTC)) (: Dear Santosh, Good to see you here again. If you allow me to suggest, it would be wonderful, if you could enter a bit of information on your front page, as it appears to be empty when one opens your user page front page --Patricia Schlicht 15:59, 24 April 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi, Nice to see you. Welcome and good wishes. --Vinodpr111 13:12, 27 April 2010 (UTC))
- Congratulations, Santosh. I now certified you. Warm wishes, --Patricia Schlicht 21:23, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to eL4C37
- Hello and welcome to eL4C37, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: