|Employer:||University of Southern Queensland|
Not a lot to tell.
An ex high school teacher who now teaches pre-service teachers at univeristy how to be a high school teacher. Am interested in technoogy but as an end user. I'm not a techie.
High school teacher: Business, Economics, computer studies District Education Officer: Educational Technology Lecturer: secondary curriclum and pedagogy, ICT integration
Diploma of Teaching Bachelor of Business Master of Educational Technology Currently enrolled in PhD
Gardening, snow skiing, time with family and friends
Imropving teaching and learning, Online teaching, Blended learning, Reflective practice, ICT integration
Gardening, snow skiing, travel,
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Petrea, Welcome to Wikieducator! I am your facilitator. Come let us know more about you. Please edit and add information along the lines suggested ( or in any which way!). For any help please contact me through my discussion page through Savithri Singh 19:05, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm looking forward to the next week or so. Hopefully learning lots on the way.
- Hi, Petrea, I am another of your workshop facilitators. Good start on your user page. And thanks for signing the learning contract. I look forward to hearing about your students' wiki work. Did you see the item in the Day 4 "Ideas for a learning contract" section? The first bullet is a project that may be similar to yours. WikiEducator has really benefited from these students working directly in the wiki.
- I noticed that your sandbox was created under an ip address, which means you may have trouble finding it: User:184.108.40.206/My sandbox. It's listed under your "my contributions" link at the top of each page, which means the system knows it belongs to your username,..I'm no techie, so beyond that I cannot say. I suggest redoing the sandbox making sure that you are logged in. If trouble continues, let me know and I'll look into it for you.
- One last suggestion: the signature button, the second to last button on the top row when you are in Rich Editor mode, is very useful for "signing" things....like your learning contract. I suggest redoing your signature using the signature button.
- Hope you are enjoying the workshop. Let me know if you need anything (click on the link in my signature, and then you can leave a note on my page). Best, --Alison Snieckus 02:49, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Petrea,
- It's me again, Alison. I see you got your sandbox added. The sandbox is used to try out the editing techniques that you are learning in the tutorials. You are making good progress. I'm looking for your demonstration of bold, italic, various headings, bullets and numbering so I can certify you as a wiki apprentice level 1. For many users, I see this demonstrated in the sandbox, but really it can be anywhere. I see that you have an external link, good,...and I have nothing to offer as to why the dialog box didn't come up :(. Also, it's your preference as to whether to use the  notation, or show the whole link. Lots of times I offer a condensed version of the url as the label, with the full url entered in the link dialog box.
- As for displaying an image from wikimedia commons, just add the file name, in your case "learning.jpg" in the image file name. Somehow WikiEducator just knows to look in the commons?? I tried adding this image. It's quite big. You will need to scale it down using the width and height parameters (width=300px??). Hopes this helps.
- I'll check back tomorrow to see how you are doing. <smile>, --Alison Snieckus 02:28, 28 July 2010 (UTC)