User:Nisha singh/My sandbox/Content-E-learning tools/Picasa
Picasa reminds us of famous Spanish Painter Pablo Picassois. Well you are right. Picasa is a blend of the name of Picasso and the phrase mi casa for "my house". Picasa also has "pic" for pictures (personalized art). It is popularly known for its image organizer and image viewer characteristics. Besides organizing it also supports editing of digital photos. In addition Picasa also runs as an integrated photo-sharing website.It was originally developed by a company named Lifescape (which at that time may have resided at Idealab) in 2002. In July 2004, Google acquired Picasa from its original author and began offering it as freeware.
You may use Picasa in two ways-
- The Picasa Software lets you organize, edit, and upload your photos in quick, easy steps. It does not store your pictures and all your original photos are preserved in your PC.
- Download picasa on your computer. The latest version available is 3.9.
- Add photos from your PC or you can import photos into Picasa from many sources, including cameras, CDs, memory cards, scanners, webcams, and more. Photos you import are saved on your computer and displayed automatically in Picasa.
- You can organise your photos in many ways. You may do it as folders, Albums and even as people. Folders in Picasa represent the folders on your computer and therefore any changes are reflected in hard disk folders as well. Albums are virtual groups and therefore can be rearranged without changes in original folders.
- You may try different kinds of editing in Picasa to improve almost any photo or to create something totally unique. Double-click a photo to find editing options- Basic fixes, Tuning, basic and advanced effects.
- You may share your photos through email or web albums.
- Many more features are available like resizing, mapping photos ,adding captions , making collages. http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=156359
- Picasa Web Albums is a simple way to get photos from your camera and computer on the web? Google's Picasa Web Albums provides 1GB of free storage that makes sharing your photos a snap.
- Sign in using your gmail account.
- Upload your photos either sharing through Picasa software or uploading in Picasa web album from your computer.
- Share your album with your family and friends by inviting them to visit the album through a email. You can contol th eprivacy of your albums.
- Here are plenty features available like add tag, caption, map embed photos.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasa#cite_note-Ob-2( 07.06.2012)