I spent most of my life raising children and going to school; I started teaching online and studying instructional design in 2000.
BA French, U of Manitoba; MA Linguistics, MS Instructional Design & Technology, PhD English, U of North Dakota
I have writing, editing, grammar, and design skills. I work with a team trying to create beautiful and effecfive learning environments.
I like cats. I want to make what I have learned useful to anyone who needs this kind of knowledge. It is a wonderful thing to be ablet to read and write, and to have a pen and paper. I would like to fill the empty nest void by learning web programming.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Mary! If would be great to hear your experiences as to what was most beneficial to you in learning the wiki skills necessary to contribute to WE. --Benjamin Stewart 13:36, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Mary! I encourage you all to visit the requirements of becoming a WikiApprentice 1 and WikiApprentice 2, as we are here to help you achieve these goals. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 12:52, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Mary, I believe that we met at a CNIE-RCIÉ conference. Welcome. --Maria 18:33, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Mary, have you given any thought as to a project you'd like to work on? --Benjamin Stewart 16:32, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Maria! Hi Benjamin--I have not come up with a definite project yet. Any suggestions?
- It depends a lot on what you are interested in. Have you checked out the Content and Project links found on the WE main page? This may give you some ideas. Let me know if this helps. --Benjamin Stewart 23:47, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Mary, nice placement of your photo. It would be good to see you reach wikiapprentice level 2 certification. --Bronwynh 09:27, 3 August 2010 (UTC)