|Employer:||Mico University College|
|Other roles:||Coordinator, OffCampus Sites|
Today is: Wednesday October 20, 2021
My name is Lorna Matthews and I am living and working in the island of Jamaica. I am a teacher and have been teaching since 1981. I have taught integrated sciences at Old Harbour Secondary (now High School), St Catherine High and the Mico University College. Since 1990 I join the Mico University College and is now a senior lecturer in the Department of Professional Studies.
Presently I am responsible for the offcampus sites located in 6 parishes across Jamaica. This is a new paradigm shift for the Mico University. The programme is now into its 2nd academic year. In December 2010 the institution will graduate, its first batch of undergraduate students studying at these distance campuses.
I was educated at the following instutitions:
- Mico University College, in Kingston, Jamaica
- University of the West Indies, Mona in Kingston, Jamaica
- Nova Southeastern University in Florida.
My interest in technology integration and the curriculum began with my M.S from Nova Southeastern University and continued into the doctorate with them. I have a Certificate in Teaching (Double Option Sciences) from Mico University, a Certificate in Integrated Sciences from UWIDITE (University of the West Indies Distance Programmes) and a B.Ed in Integrated Science from UWI, Mona. My master and doctoral degrees are from NSU and were done in Instructional Technology and Distance Education.
Apart from this, I have done a number of short courses including Risk Based Lending, Delinquency Control & Collections and Micro Enterprise Lending with the Jamaica Cooperative Credit Union League. This is all a part of being certified as a volunteer with AAMM Coop Credit Union. I am a volunteer member on the credit committee. In 2007, AAMM recognized my contributions and I was awarded for my sterling contributions to the success of the credit union as they strive to serve the nation's teachers and their families.
I am a member of Caribbean Educators Network.
|Lorna Matthews||Mico University College, 1A Marescaux Road, Kingston 5. JAMAICA|
This is a course that is designed to help students improve their note-taking, writing, and documentation skills using the APA format and style.
- Course Title: Orientation into Documentation
- Duration: 30 hours
- Unit 1: 10 hours
Investigating the basic differences in documentation styles
- Step 1: There are a number of documentation styles - APA, MLA, Chicago Manual Style, CSE, CBA, IEEE, ASCE among others. Do you know anything about any of these documentation styles? Make some notes.
- Step 2: Here are the links for 3 of the documentation styles mentioned in Step 1 above, MLA, APA, Chicago Manual of Style
- Step 3: Read through the information on each given style and then tabulate the differences.
- Step 4: Search online for information on the other documentation styles not named in Step 2 and email the group at least 3 links for each.
This is a practice activity
If you do not agree with the statement, strike through the word that needs to be replaced in order to make the sentence reads correctly. See example below:
1. Ash Wednesday is usually celebrated as the beginning of
I find this a very exciting and educational challenge. I do appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this technologically advanced community of educators. For me this is work in progress.....
Still finding it a challenge to upload a picture! Help anyone!!!
(: Trying to work on using colours on my page--Lorna Matthews 19:20, 12 February 2010)
Hi wikineighbours. It's great to be involved in the EL4C35 Workshop!
I find that the more I visit pages create by Wikineighbours, the more I learn just by looking!
Found this useful link and want to remember it Wordle
This is fun! Finally I was able to get my info into the box! Yeah!!!
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
Hi Lorna nice work on your page... this is really an interesting experience --LeRoy Hill, CEN 07:57, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
Thank you Leroy! I am learning as I go along. Need some instructions as to how to get my pics on...
(: Congratulations, Lorna, you just earned your certification by demonstrating the knowledge on your user page. Well done!! Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 22:18, 12 February 2010 (UTC))
Hi Lorna...been so busy did not get a chance to respond to your questions...but feel free to borrow anything no problem...I think I will like to see how you got that nice blue box...so I can borrow that if you don't mind --LeRoy Hill, CEN 23:18, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
Hi Lorna! You are doing a great job in your user page! It's a privilege to have an opportunity to get to know you. Best wishes --Teromakotero 20:29, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
HELP!!!! How do I get pics or info into the box containing the WikiEducator's logo??? HELP!!! --Lorna Matthews 14:20, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
I did it!!!--Lorna Matthews 10:27, 18 February 2010 (UTC) and
Welcome to eL4C35
- Hello and welcome to eL4C35, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: