|Employer:||Cairns School of Distance Education, Far North Queensland, Australia|
|Other roles:||Science Coordinator P-12|
Who am I?
My name is Lorraine. I'm a curriculum writer for a new Senior Science high school course. It will be presented as a blended model online in Blackboard (similar to Moodle) and we will also use Elluminate for web-conferencing. I'm interested in sharing resources and building a network of teachers who are willing to help each other out.
What am I doing?
- writing the SIP course for Queensland Distance Education Schools. Based at CSDE.
- building a network of teachers and other stakeholders willing to share resources for Senior Science
- developing an education package on the Spotted-tailed Quoll so each child in Australia will know what they are!
- Cairns Road Runners and Triathlon Club president (2010)
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: This is a great start, Lorraine. Keep up the good work. --Nellie Deutsch 22:34, 27 May 2010 (UTC))
Great work, Lorraine and congratulations on your new status. Keep up the good work. My daughter, Noa, used to be a national triathlete. Now, she has a coaching business in Victoria, BC. She coaches me in running at a distance through training peaks.
Thanks Nellie. I just run, too hard to still try and fit swimming and cycling into my day. Enjoy your running, at the end of the day it all comes down to 'time on your legs' - I've done 3 marathons and one ultra (the 96km Kokoda Race in PNG) Cheers, Lorraine
- Wow, that's great, Lorraine. I am looking forward to my first marathon. I've done half a marathon so far.
(: Hi Lorraine, you are a good deal ahead of me, in running as well as in wiki-editing. :-)
I'll try not to fall back too far. ---Reiner- 20:14, 4 June 2010 (UTC))
Hi Lorraine, I am training to teach IT in high schools, currently teaching in adult education. I think it would be great if more teachers shared resources! Don't know about the running bit though... :D Kylie.
Welcome to eL4C38
- Hello and welcome to eL4C38, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the Daily Instructions for the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the workshop.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators:
|Wiki Skills & Collaborative Learning |
Saturday, May 29, 2010