Here is a little bit about me...
I am an accountant by trade but for about the last 25 years have been involved in education in one form or another as:
- a polytechnic lecturer
- a staff developer
- a corporate trainer
- a material developer
I have also dabbled in web site development - html, VB script etc
My undergraduate degree is in accounting and I have a Masters in Education. I also trained as a primary school teacher and am currently working on a Grad Dip in Adult Literacy and Numeracy - three papers down and three to go.
My current focus in on in adult lilteracy and numeracy particularly barriers to adults acquiring literacy and numeracy skills. I am also interested in the langauge used in written material (I work for a distance education provider), both the course material and assessments, and the impact this has on student performance/retention/completion.
I enjoy baking, cake decorating, puzzles of all kinds (the online code cracker, sudoku and crossword go down a treat with breakfast), knitting, and embroidery.
Notes/things for me to remember
- Edit "button" is at the top of the section alongside the heading - not!!!! at the bottom of the section
- Fill in the "Summary" box - must at some point be able to see a history of edits? Found it - tab at top of page!
- View code and resultant page on screen at same time rather than toggling?
- List of codes?
- Is the TOC automatic?
- Text colour?
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Dear Jeannette. Welcome to the Wiki. You have made the right decision to join this wonderful learning opportunity. Don't hesitate to ask any questions or post them on the Wiki workshop main page under Wiki discussion, where they will be addressed. Alternatively you can either email me or Gita. Great start you have made. Keep going. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 04:38, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Wow, Jeannette, impressive great start. Keep going by entering more content on your page and practicing what you have learned so far. You can always go back later and improve things as we go along. Well done. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 16:56, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Great start Jeannette, follow the daily instructions & develop your Userpage. Best wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 17:27, 23 July 2010 (UTC)