|Employer:||Tawa intermediate School|
I am a passionate educator who loves working with the amazing adults and students that make up Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington.
Primary Teacher with experience teaching at all primary levels and in a variety of schools from both ends of the socio-economic scale. In 2000 I was appointed to my first principalship at Southbridge School in Canterbury. In 2006 I spent a year working in the Ministry of Education in a seconded role in the SMS team under the leadership of Paul Seiler. In 2007 I began my current principalship at Tawa Intermediate School.
- M.Ed - specialising in educational leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Teaching
- ATCL - Trinity College London (Speech & Drama)
- The Third Wave (2006) New Zealand Principal
- Building innovative and imaginative curriculum programmes (2006) New Zealand Principal]
- Beyond professional learning; teachers as adult learners (2005) New Zealand Principal
- A Mountain Worth Dying On (2003) Education Today
- Developing Schools which meet the challenges of the future (1998) New Zealand Journal of Educational Administration
Finding out how we can make schools relevant and engaging for our students.
I have been married to Geoff since 1984 and we have two children.
We live on the side of a hill in Khandallah with fantastic views of Wellington Harbour.
We have two cats Rosie and Fletcher who spend their days roaming the hillside and sleeping in the sun.
Our son Ashton is a teacher at Miramar Central School in Wellington. He teaches Year 2s and loves it.
Victoria, our daughter, is studying law and international relations at Victoria University.
I am a regular gym bunny specialising in group ride (Spin) classes.
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Carolyn - i've put a quick help file up for you User:Dragonsinger57/wiki_help_files - hope this helps --dragonsinger57 19:45, 27 August 2009 (UTC)) (: All you need to practice now is numbered and bullet lists and headings/subheadings for your first certification. Well done! --Wayne Mackintosh 23:33, 27 August 2009 (UTC))
Hi Carolyn - I'm teaching up in Kapiti - let me know if I can help in anyway in anything wiki <G> --dragonsinger57 18:45, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
(: I like the way your page is developing. --Nellie Deutsch 01:07, 30 August 2009 (UTC))
(: Looking good, Carolyn. I now see what you mean about having to overcome resistance/inertia to keep on learning :-). --Paul Seiler 01:27, 30 August 2009 (UTC))
- Click on the link EL4C29.
- The page that will open is the workshop page with all the links you will be using during the workshop.
- See your name in the list of participants.
- Whenever you have time click on each of the boxes.
- You may even start with Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop.