Case Sensetivity and Forced Margins in Idevices or Pedagogical Templates
I tried the template syntax using lower case and upper case first letters in the template names. I also created the same template with and without forced margins.
- the template name does not seam to be case sensitive
- the TopMargin and BottomMargin code does not seam to work
- creating a template right after a section heading did not create any problem and I did not need to force the margins contrary to what is mentioned in the tutorial.
for reference this is My Sand Box where I experimented with the pedagogical templates and got these results.
You have done a lot of testing on the templates. Thanks for your interest!
What browser are you using? I'm wondering if the results are broswer specific?
Here are some responses to your results section with the my tests done using FF 3.
- The template name is case sensitive except for the first letter as the wiki automatically capitalizes the first letter or any name. So something like Template:My First Template would be different from Template:My first template
- The top margins work on FF3, try something exaggerated like TopMargin=90px
- Interesting, a template after a heading does not seem to be causing a problem in FF3 any more. It could be a new version of the wiki or an update to the template code.