Teamwork and Collaboration
Teamwork is a method of collective work "coordinated" in which participants share their experiences, respecting their roles and functions to achieve common goals to accomplish a task together.
Teamwork brings great strengths: integrating individual efforts to exploit the various capabilities of each member, divide the work according to specific tasks and achieves multiple results. It is no coincidence, then, that in the contemporary educational trends, this form of employment preference over the other students. Finally, much of the work of the students when they enter the job market will require the skills necessary to collaborate with others. Today it would be complicated to find socially useful activities, based strictly on individual work.
Teamwork can be formed by a reduced number of people, that can interchange functions and activities with flexibility of mutual commitment, and have learned to handle his approach or differences of opinion. A team has spent significant time in learning to work united, together. Team parties propose the changes, projects and innovations that will be carried out and executed. Also, they solve problems and conflicts, make decisions and the success or failure depend much on the efforts of their participants.
Teamwork Based On
Communication: Teamwork requires open communication between all members, it is essential to coordinate the various individual actions.
Confidence: Every person is confident in the success of the rest of their peers. This confidence leads to put in front the success of the team to the personal glory.
Commitment: Each member is committed to contribute the best, to put all their persistence in the effective execution of the work.
Benefits of Teamwork
Please feel free to add more benefits.
- Increases productivity
- Improves quality
- Less stressing work
- The responsibility is shared
- Reduction of general expenses
- Makes agile plans and programs (saves time).
- Recognising that we are not all equal but have different strengths
Collaboration requires effective teamwork. Team members must trust and respect one another. There must be open communication and a willingness to accept input from others.
- Teamwork is an effective way to collaborate and excel.
- Benefits of teamwork, collaboration and mentorship
- Highly Collaborative Teams
- Join the Team
- Blended Online Learning (BOL) Workshops
How would you define collaborative learning? How have you experienced it?
Please share your experiences with editing your work and others.
Please feel free to add other collaborative tools.
Please feel free to add other social networks.
Please feel free to add other synchronous programs.
- WiZiQ (whiteboard, file sharing, chat texting, audio, and video
- SKYPE (file sharing, chat texting, audio and video)
- Google chat (file sharing, chat texting, audio and video)
Please feel free to add other web resources.
Discussion and Questions
Nowadays we are witnessing a change in our social interactions. Many of us are spending much of our time online, engaging in social networks and befriending people we have never met face-to-face. We are joining social groups and finding ourselves sharing, cooperating and working with others.
- Is this a good thing?
- Is this having a negative influence on our creativity, individualism and competitiveness?
- Do you see collaboration and teamwork as a waste of time or an opportunity for personal growth?
- Do you prefer to work alone or with others?
- Please elaborate
- Are you a team player?
Please reply on Discussions Page.