Welcome to Report Writing Formatting Guide
Page Breaks and Other Breaks
Page breaks allow you to specify where a new page will begin in a document. You can create page breaks by manually inserting a break where you need one. You can also specify breaks in your paragraph formatting so that a particular paragraph, such as a heading, will always begin on a new page.
STEPS: Adding a page break
- Place your insertion point at the beginning of the next heading.
- From the Insert menu choose Break. (See Figure 1)
- Make sure the Page Break option is selected and click OK.
A page break will be inserted before the heading.
- Click the Show/Hide icon on the toolbar to display hidden characters.
- Scroll to the previous page to see the page break indicated.(See Figure 2)
- Click the icon again to hide hidden characters.