Personal Computer Basics
Welcome to this course on the basics of Personal Computers. This course will equip you with basic skills and knowledge to use a computer in the workplace or at home.
This course is part of a formal computing qualification that you can find out about here (link)
You will need access to a computer and the internet.
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the main parts of a personal computer system and how to carry out basic operation and maintenance procedures. You will also gain knowledge of how folders and files are managed, and the ergonomic principles for safely setting up and using a computer workstation.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of a personal computer system.
- Manage and protect data in a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ergonomic principles for computer workstations.
What will I learn about?
In this course you will learn about all of these:
|Quick Link to Course Modules|
|Module One Introduction to Computers|
|Module Two Data Management|
|Module Three Ergonomic Principles for Computer Workstations|
- hardware components of a personal computer system
- system and application software
- using printer
- operation and maintenance procedures
- ergonomic requirements for safe operation
- manage files
- data protection measures
- ergonomic principles of computer workstations