Hello and welcome to this course on Basic Computing. This course, along with File Management and Protection will set you up to complete the National Certificate in Computing (Level 2). See the Assessment overview section for more information about completing this qualification.
Much awaits you, so here's how to begin:
- Review the Course details, Course description, and Learning outcomes below.
- If you are planning on completing the assessment for this course, please read the Assessment overview, before you begin.
- Read the Getting started section, which has some really important instructions to prepare you for completing this course.
- Visit the Course schedule and launch into the first unit!
| Enrollment status
|| Online registration coming soon
|Formal assessment services
Indicative fee for credentialing: NZ$tba
By completing this course you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of hardware and software components of a personal computer system; operate a printer; complete basic operation and maintenance procedures; and demonstrate knowledge of ergonomic principles for safe computer use.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hardware components of a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operation of the system and application software of a personal computer system.
- Operate a printer.
- Complete basic operation and maintenance procedures for a personal computer system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ergonomic principles for the safe operation of a personal computer system.