Papanui High School Senior Coursebook
|Sections in this topic:|
|Welcome to the Papanui High School Senior Coursebook.|
|Introduction||Overview | Making your choices|
|NCEA||National Qualifications | Literacy and Numeracy | Certificate endorsements | Scholarship | University Study | University Entrance|
|Subject choices||Subject Choice | Careers & Transition | Gateway | Star funded courses | Subject Planner|
|Course Descriptions||Learn more about courses being offered in 2011|
OUTDOOR EDUCATION 302 - OED302
TEACHER IN CHARGE: Mr Dalkie
Outdoor Education at Papanui High School is primarily about personal growth. We aim to help you grow and develop as a person by:
- Accepting personal challenges and completing necessary tasks to meet these challenges.
- Developing personal management skills
- Developing your ability to work together with other people.
- Developing an appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment in New Zealand
- Developing outdoor skills and knowledge which allows you to become safe and self-sufficient in an outdoor environment.
Course work in practical and theory covers the following:
- Tramping (advanced)
- Risk management
- River crossing
- Ski/snowboard (optional)
- Rock climbing (optional)
- Environmental ethics
- Flora and Fauna
- Managing multi day expeditions
- Mountain biking (optional)
Total 22 Level 3 credits, all Unit Standards and internally assessed.
$400.00 Mandatory total cost approximately (Students pay per trip). $50.00 equipment levy for International Students.
A basis for lifelong enjoyment and safety in the outdoors. Ability to cope and meet challenges in the outdoor tourist industry. Future tertiary courses.