Papanui High School Senior Coursebook
|Sections in this topic:|
|Welcome to the Papanui High School Senior Coursebook.|
|Introduction||Overview | Making your choices|
|NCEA||National Qualifications | Literacy and Numeracy | Certificate endorsements | Scholarship | University Study | University Entrance|
|Subject choices||Subject Choice | Careers & Transition | Gateway | Star funded courses | Subject Planner|
|Course Descriptions||Learn more about courses being offered in 2011|
OUTDOOR EDUCATION 202 - OED202
TEACHER IN CHARGE: Miss Major
Taking a full Year 12 course or multi-level course based on year 12.
Outdoor Education at Papanui High School is primarily about personal growth. We aim to help you grow and develop as a person by:
- Accepting personal challenges and completing necessary tasks to meet these challenges.
- Developing personal management skills
- Developing your ability to work together with other people.
- Developing an appreciation and respect for the outdoor environment in New Zealand
- Developing outdoor skills and knowledge which allows you to become safe and self-sufficient in an outdoor environment.
Course work in practical and theory covers the following:
- Safety Management
- Trip Planning
- Mountain Biking
- First Aid
- High & low ropes courses
- Environmental Sustainability
A total of 25 credits. Both achievement and unit standards apply, (1 at Level 1, 22 at Level 2 and 2 at Level 3). All assessment is internal.
$350.00 Mandatory Full YearCourse fee for New Zealand students and $350.00 Mandatory Half Year for International students. (Please note: Course fees may be paid in full, instalments or by automatic payment options)
This course will develop a student’s ability to accept responsibility and display leadership either in the workplace or outdoors. Pre-requisite to 301 Outdoor Education. Further Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Pursuits or Adventure Tourism.