Papanui High School Senior Coursebook
|Sections in this topic:|
|Welcome to the Papanui High School Senior Coursebook.|
|Introduction||General Information | Subject Choice & NCEA | Curriculum Guide Overview|
|NCEA||National Qualifications | Literacy and Numeracy | Certificate endorsements | Scholarship | University Study | University Entrance | Approved Subject list for NCEA|
|Subject choices||Subject Choice | Careers & Transition | Gateway | Star funded courses | Changes to Level 2 Courses | Introduction of Semester Courses | Subject Planner|
|Course Descriptions||Learn more about courses being offered in 2013|
ECONOMICS 21F (Full Year) - ECO21F
TEACHER IN CHARGE: Mr Warren
None. (11F Economics or 9/10 ACE is an advantage)
This course leads on from 101 Economics. It covers four major issues.
- Inflation. What causes prices to rise, how rising prices affect people and businesses and how economists try to reduce inflation.
- Economic Growth. How do economists attempt to grow the size of our economy, positive and negative effects of a growing economy
- Trade. Why does NZ trade with other countries, what countries do we trade with and what goods and services does NZ import and export.
- Government. Looks at how the government helps to reduce inflation, create growth and encourage international trade.
- Employment. Examines what causes changes in employment and how these changes effect people and businesses.
In each topic students will use the share market, newspapers, internet and television, case studies and other media to help them understand how the NZ economy works.
Total 24 Level 2 credits – 3 internal and 3 external assessments.
$30.00 for the student workbook
Leads on to Year 13 Economics. Career prospects are in the areas of business, management, marketing, law, media and many more.
Return to Course Menu